Community discussions

MikroTik App

nds
just joined
Topic Author

PPPoE MLPPP CHAP issues

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:19 am

Hoping you can help us out...

I have control of the MLPPP and config at the LNS and have tested other equipment (Tomato MLPPP and CISCO for example) without these issues...

I upgraded and activated all packages to 5.5.

Firstly, it appears it doesn’t support encryption (LNS doesnt show any MPPPE) and only PAP authentication works (no CHAP, CHAP2, etc)..

Secondly, we get some dropped packets when using MLPPP but no issues with the lines individually.. I suspected MTU, but that doesn’t seem to be it.. and it appears 0 byte data packets fail (which are used for blackberries to talk to RIM or to query the presence of an SMTP server, etc).

Flags: X - disabled, R - running
0 name="PPPOE" max-mtu=1480 max-mru=1480 mrru=disabled interface=WAN4,WAN3 user="xxx" password="xxx"
profile=default service-name="" ac-name="" add-default-route=yes dial-on-demand=no use-peer-dns=yes allow=chap

nds
just joined
Topic Author

Re: PPPoE MLPPP CHAP issues

Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:43 pm

Adding to this or perhaps narrowing down, the unit is the RB450G.. even on single link, we cant do encryption on the PPPoE client nor can it authenticate using anything but PAP (no CHAPx). These all work fine on the LNS so we know its specific to the routerboard. Any thoughts? is there a module missing or a problem with the hardware?