yogii,

Is in testing,

Dzieva.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: v5.6 released

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:16 am

petro25, your settings looks ok. Show us the result of a 5, 10 and 20Mhz frequency scan of the band you use from both ends. Your issue can be interferences related. Any other units on same tower?

oeyre
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:02 am

I notice that RB493G still uses the wrong port numbers for Ethernet interfaces when the configuration is reset. Will this be fixed in the next release?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:54 am

oeyre,
thank you very much for the report.
We are working on the problem.

ahang
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:49 pm

Is it OK if I upgrade my RB each time when new upgrade release ?

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Maybe.

tjc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:25 am

If your RouterOS license, other policies, and hardware allows it.

For example this router should be upgradable through future 5.x and 6.x versions based on the license (aka anything before 7.0 whenever that appears).
[admin@MikroTik] > /system license print
    software-id: xxxx-xxxx
  upgradable-to: v6.x
         nlevel: 4
       features: 

ahang
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Mine is also upgradable-to: v6.x :)

Thanks

mangust
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Strange behavior or of the interface speed graph.
x86 , ROS v5.6 , RealTeck 1G ethernet.

In some pik situation MT show speed which is more then 100Mbit/s, in same time showes some interrupts in graph.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:36 am

Strange behavior or of the interface speed graph.
x86 , ROS v5.6 , RealTeck 1G ethernet.

In some pik situation MT show speed which is more then 100Mbit/s, in same time showes some interrupts in graph.
Speed reading is a moment calculated reading. If you run a load over a long time you'll see the average goes below 100Mb.
The speed meter is not exact, sometimes a little bit more, sometimes a little less. And 8% error is not exceptional. But your next reading might be 94Mb or so. While probably the amount of data being transported is still the same.

odie
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:08 am

you should have a look at the status of the interface - not the settings to see the real connection speed !!!
settings are set to auto negotiation - the speed setting there is for nothing..
as you write that you have a 1 Gbit IF then you might also have gbit connection !!

winet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:21 am

is there some sort of bug on this release?
i've just updated to v5.6 yesterday, and now i got CPU resource load 100%. it's been hours like this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

somebody help please before the router crash for overheating

elgo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:14 pm

i've just updated to v5.6 yesterday, and now i got CPU resource load 100%. it's been hours like this
[...]
somebody help please before the router crash for overheating
Seriously, what kind of help are you expecting with this post? :)
Unless you do some proper support request with a supout file, I barely see what anwser you can get (except "gather with some colleagues to blow on your router to cool it down" or a mere "try to downgrade"?).

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:15 pm

also look into the Tool Profile to see what is using that CPU.

winet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:48 pm

this kind of help i'm talking about :lol:
under Tool Profile, it's "management" taking mostly 65% of the CPU load

i closed all active winbox already, nothing's changed. is there anything else i could check on?
thanks before

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:47 pm

this kind of help i'm talking about :lol:
under Tool Profile, it's "management" taking mostly 65% of the CPU load

i closed all active winbox already, nothing's changed. is there anything else i could check on?
thanks before
reboot? Or power cycle? That sometimes helps. If issue comes back, downgrade reboot, power cycle, and upgrade again....

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:05 pm

Winbox is not "management". What configuration you have on that router?

winet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Winbox is not "management". What configuration you have on that router?
a lot. but nothing is changed on configuration.

winet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:46 pm

thanks before
reboot? Or power cycle? That sometimes helps. If issue comes back, downgrade reboot, power cycle, and upgrade again....
i'll do this in the morning

winet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:53 am

it seems like this problem is solved just by rebooting the system. but isn't it better if we can find out what exactly caused it? because it is impossible to do a reboot every time it happens.

btw, this never happen on the older version.

macgaiver
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:31 am

winet - do you use user-manager? and have you send all this info to support@mikrotik.com?

winet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:44 pm

i use user-manager for hotspot. i didn't send it because i didn't know that i have to and no body told me to :) i'll send it next time it occurs

Caci99
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:49 pm

I suspect it is the graphing tool causing high CPU Usage. After reboot, graphs are deleted and it starts
all over again, after a couple of days it will cause the CPU to go again 100%. I have disabled graphs
on my RB411 a week ago, and since then had no problems with CPU

steen

Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:13 am

Hello Folks!

We are also upgrading to 5.6 from 5.4 and 5.5, 4.17.
So far on RB411 (CPE) and RB333 (Routers), RB450G (Routers).

There has been some incidents, when upgrading RB450G and RB411 from 4.17 to 5.5 they never came back up on the network, visiting the router's we discovered that all ethernet leds were off but blue led was on. Fully dissconnect the power and put it back again solved the problem. Upgrading from 5.5 to 5.6 was not an issue.

Please MT, can you do something about the upgrade scenarios, like automatik failback, and automatik restart on previous firmware. Failsafe functions should be implemented like last known good and so on. Other devices we have do so, like our IBM AIX servers.
The devices should never be dead in water exeption is if there are hardware problems.
There is a bug with 4.1X when you try to reboot it shuts down instead, discovered this as usual the hard way when a weekly scheduled reboot resulted in routers shutting down, this is fixed in the 5.X series so i never reboot a 4.x series unless i am close by to re-cycle the power.

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... it=+reboot

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48518
---------

Thanks!
We still have many ros4.17 RB411 CPE spread out over a wide area, hard to reach, upgrades are planned.
I just report that all remaining basestations and CPE:s where successfully upgraded from 4.17 to 5.6 without any problems.

We did use The Dude for upgrading all, one by one, logged in via winbox till connection lost messages arrived. In general the upgrade took 3 minutes per device.

The reconfiguring of all wireless interfaces where successful so now we can switch between nstreme and nv2 in all our network.

hapi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:24 pm

all SXT in network.
monthly.gif
then can not connect to the SXT. Memory is full. SXT then disconnects OSPF etc..
SXT use since version 5.0 and make it completly all versions up to v5.6. RB711 and others RB do not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by hapi on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:25 pm

and configurations are completely identical on both routers?
Have you sent this to support?

hapi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:36 pm

configuration differences. But everywhere OSPF and where not, no problem.

I did not send support.

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:35 pm

please create one after reset and one when some amount of RAM still left. That would be helpful to track down the problem.

zervan

Re: v5.6 released - not working on SXT?

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:49 pm

I've updated remote SXT and after reboot I lost it. Then I tried to update testing SXT which I have here - I lost it as well. No single packet from them - I tried to discover using WinBox, I tried to watch traffic using Wireshark, nothing. What's going on? :(
I've returned from my holiday now and started to discover what's wrong. I was not able to connect to SXT with 5.6, so I reset settings (using button) and SXT started to respond again (with default settings, of course). Then I tried to restore configuration - I lost SXT again.

So I tried to reset, downgrade to 5.5, restore configuration - everything is all right. Upgrade to 5.6 - lost. There is obviously something wrong with my configuration and 5.6. I am using bridge - ethernet and wireless are bridged together. Maybe there is something wrong with that in 5.6? I'm not sure and perhaps I will contact support.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:43 pm

I've updated remote SXT and after reboot I lost it. Then I tried to update testing SXT which I have here - I lost it as well. No single packet from them - I tried to discover using WinBox, I tried to watch traffic using Wireshark, nothing. What's going on? :(
I've returned from my holiday now and started to discover what's wrong. I was not able to connect to SXT with 5.6, so I reset settings (using button) and SXT started to respond again (with default settings, of course). Then I tried to restore configuration - I lost SXT again.

So I tried to reset, downgrade to 5.5, restore configuration - everything is all right. Upgrade to 5.6 - lost. There is obviously something wrong with my configuration and 5.6. I am using bridge - ethernet and wireless are bridged together. Maybe there is something wrong with that in 5.6? I'm not sure and perhaps I will contact support.
please make the support output file from v5.5 with your config, so we could check it. Also maybe make admin user without password and send us the backup file maybe we could try to reproduce it.

zervan

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:54 pm

please make the support output file from v5.5 with your config, so we could check it. Also maybe make admin user without password and send us the backup file maybe we could try to reproduce it.
Yes, I've sent you backup file, Ticket#2011081966000477, hoping you will be able to reproduce it.

zervan

Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:46 am

So it seems that problem is with L2MTU set to 2030. I can reset configuration, set L2MTU (not MTU!) to 2030 and connection is lost immediately. Perhaps I have not understood meaning of L2MTU well :? But why this was working in 5.5?

zervan

Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:04 pm

So it seems that problem is with L2MTU set to 2030. I can reset configuration, set L2MTU (not MTU!) to 2030 and connection is lost immediately. Perhaps I have not understood meaning of L2MTU well :? But why this was working in 5.5?
To finish this story: I've got response from support - problem is related to L2MTU and will be fixed for the next RouterOS release. So don't use L2MTU higher than 2020 in SXT with version 5.6.

steen

Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:54 am

Hello Folks!

Is NV2 now stable to use in production or is suggestion to wait still some releases of routeros ?

I still see lot of fuzz regarding disconnection issues with NV2.

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Hello Folks!

Is NV2 now stable to use in production or is suggestion to wait still some releases of routeros ?

Well when MT say they cannot reproduce some of the on going disconnection issues in their test lab, effected users have sent in debug logs, we still await a solution from MT for this but it's your call to use NV2 in production it may work flawlessly for you or cause you problems, there is only one way to answer the question you have asked (test)

steen

Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:07 pm

Hello Folks!

Well when MT say they cannot reproduce some of the on going disconnection issues in their test lab, effected users have sent in debug logs, we still await a solution from MT for this but it's your call to use NV2 in production it may work flawlessly for you or cause you problems, there is only one way to answer the question you have asked (test)
Okey, i will give it a try in production on one smaller sector over the remaining weekend and possibly full next week to see how it behaves. The LAB tests here show good results in half year tests.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Hello Folks!

Hi ´steen´, as you could see in this forum, I had many issues with pre 5.6 releases and NV2. My whole network (+/- 250 radio's in 15km radius with 16 AP's) is now in 5Ghz upper band (200Mhz wide) working with NV2 and v5.6. I have no more disconnect issues like before that are NV2 related.

Users still should understand though that NV2 needs better channel separation between competitive AP's working the same band and clients can at times having problems with interferences due strong signals from other working frequencies than its own. But if the channels (10Mhz!) are chosen with caution the network runs fine.....
With me it runs some 3 weeks now in all v5.6ROS + updated firmwares and it has been long (pre NV2 era!) that I had such a stable network as I have now... :)

Even the port flap issue still around is merely a ros notification issue than a real one. Although it is still wide spread over my network there seems to be not a single client noticing it. It only happens on Ethernet ports that are connected to 3rd party devices. I hardly see it between MT routers.
Maybe v5.7 might see some extra improvement here since it has improved Ethernet drivers (according newsletter) and hopefully the ´port flap´ issue has disappeared as well!

steen

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:03 pm

Hello Folks!

Hi ´steen´, as you could see in this forum, I had many issues with pre 5.6 releases and NV2. My whole network (+/- 250 radio's in 15km radius with 16 AP's) is now in 5Ghz upper band (200Mhz wide) working with NV2 and v5.6. I have no more disconnect issues like before that are NV2 related.

Users still should understand though that NV2 needs better channel separation between competitive AP's working the same band and clients can at times having problems with interferences due strong signals from other working frequencies than its own. But if the channels (10Mhz!) are chosen with caution the network runs fine.....
With me it runs some 3 weeks now in all v5.6ROS + updated firmwares and it has been long (pre NV2 era!) that I had such a stable network as I have now... :)

Even the port flap issue still around is merely a ros notification issue than a real one. Although it is still wide spread over my network there seems to be not a single client noticing it. It only happens on Ethernet ports that are connected to 3rd party devices. I hardly see it between MT routers.
Maybe v5.7 might see some extra improvement here since it has improved Ethernet drivers (according newsletter) and hopefully the ´port flap´ issue has disappeared as well!
Lets hope, we have had rock solid network for years using nstreme here, customers exoect that also in future. Our network is in middle of town and willages, looot of interference. Directional antennas everywhere carefully aligned and placed, that pays off :-)
Channel spacing is as big it can be to, shooting in different directions etc.

OndrejSkipala

Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Our experience:

1) v5.6 solved our problem with /ip/route/cache where cache-size was growing and growing until it reached the max limit and then the router stopped respondng to all IP traffic. This happened in versions 4.x

2) CPU load of all RB433s and RB600 went up instead of down. RB600 that was under heavy load (75%) went to 95% and started causing serious problems - very high ping to certain interfaces (400ms or so on ethernet interface, no data overload, just high CPU).

3) Profiler tool is very usefull ! Was able to reduce CPU load by rearanging firewall rules and see the different.

4) On one RB433AH where the trafic is heavier (around 20Mbit) the router sometimes reboots without any reason. I thought it was because high CPU load - so rearanged firewall rules and reduced CPU load under 50%, but the problem occured again. Sent support.rif files to Mikrotik every time, but they did not reply or replied "upgrade to v5.8" which is not even stable yet - no, thank you.

5) After reboot (or power shut down, up) all graphing information is lost! This did not happen in version 4.x. Its a very sad thing to see.

Anybody has the same problem with rebooting and graphing?

tjc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:05 pm

IIRC the graphing issue is related to the NTP server package taking too long to sync the system clock, and when the graphs are updated the time gap causes it to clear them. If you don't need the NTP server capabilities, using the simple NTP client rather than the separate package is supposed to avoid this. This has been reported by many people, so Mikrotik is aware of it, but sadly it seems to be a long, long way down their priority list.

OndrejSkipala

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:53 pm

IIRC the graphing issue is related to the NTP server package taking too long to sync the system clock, and when the graphs are updated the time gap causes it to clear them. If you don't need the NTP server capabilities, using the simple NTP client rather than the separate package is supposed to avoid this. This has been reported by many people, so Mikrotik is aware of it, but sadly it seems to be a long, long way down their priority list.
I use NTP client and Im not using NTP server. So only disabling the NTP package will do the work? NTP client will be still working?

Caci99
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Yes, but it is actually the SNTP Client that will be working. They do basically the same job.
You can find it in /system sntp client (winbox), once you have disabled the NTP Package.