Community discussions

MikroTik App

necrolingus
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik RB411 breaks downstream Access Point

Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi all

I need your help please. A while back my WISP installed a MikroTik CPE (RB411). Everything works fine as long as the router is connected to my PC with a network cable, as soon as connect my MikroTik to an access point, everything goes awry. My access point works for about a day or so, then my computer (or cellphone or movie player) just says it has not internet connection and my mikrotik does not assign an IP to my devices anymore, but when I connect my mikrotik to my pc with a network cable, everything still works.

I replaced my access point with a friend's, and the same problem occurs. I even connected my mikrotik to a billion router (7300W) and the same problem occurs.

I have a zyxel g570s access point.

Even when I plug everything out, switch it off and plug it back in, the problem still occurs. Somehow, after a couple of hours, the problem seems to rectify itself.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

richedav
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Mikrotik RB411 breaks downstream Access Point

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:36 pm

At a guess your WISP is using the MAC address of your PC or similar to stop you using an Access Point on a single user connection. Are you supposed to be using an access point in equation - ie , did it ever work?