Community discussions

MikroTik App

khizer911
Topic Author

Help Required for QOS configuration on Microtik 450

Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Dear People,

I am using two microtik routers to connect a call center which is situated at companys head office to the other one at the branch office (See the diagram please).Both routers are connected to each other on redundant links to provide fault taulrence and load balancing (OSPF doing load balancing as both paths are of equal cost). I have configured multi area ospf and intervlan routing on microtik and im able to achieve the desired results successfully. The microtik routers are connected to 2960 Series cisco switches,on which I have created different Vlans and assigned ports to them. To these Cisco Switches at branch End, Users with IP phones /Sip phones will get connected and they will go to the Head office router to access their servers to perforam authentication and make calls. After WAN connectivity, I need to apply QOS to prioritize voice traffic:

1. On which interfaces I should apply QOS on routers and Switches ?
2. Please help me in configuring the QOS approprately

Will be really thankful.

khizer911
Topic Author

Re: Help Required for QOS configuration on Microtik 450

Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:35 pm

[Update] I need to apply QOS on microtik E4 and E5 interfaces on both routers which should prioritize the voice traffic as follows:
Voice traffic should get 80 percent of the bandwidth,while 20 percent is reserved for data traffic.

Please help me in this regard!