Community discussions

MikroTik App

voxframe
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

RB-450G version 4.17 SNMP constantly stops working

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:17 pm

This is happening on many RB-450G boards randomly. If the board reboots SNMP stops completely. Open the SNMP window and all the info is correct. Sometimes if you erase everything and enter it new, it comes back to normal. Other times not. If you reboot it again and again it will come back randomly.

This is confirmed using The Dude, Cacti, and other SNMP test tools. SNMP stops entirely, not just individual OIDs.

The boards are 4.17, will firmware update to the latest on the routerboard, Dude is updated, Cacti is updated. And again, other RB-450G board work, it's just randomly some will stop working after a reboot and you need to "kick" them to make them work.

Is this a known bug, or is there a workaround for this? Also please do not recommend me to upgrade to 5.x as I don't consider it stable. There must be a reason why it is doing this, if I know that then I can probably work around it. Also all traceroutes and such work fine. There are no firewall rules, and no issues communicating between the server or the RB. Again, if I just reboot the RB over and over, eventually SNMP will work, so this is not a config issue.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: RB-450G version 4.17 SNMP constantly stops working

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:09 am

1) We are not aware of such problem.

2) If problem exists in v4.17 (you know specific steps how to trigger it), there is no plans for 4.18 and no v4.x version for year at least. Highly unlikely 4.18 will be made in near future.

That's why it is important to test the same problem on one RouterOS 5.6. We will fix problem SNMP as soon as possible in 5.7, if it exists at v5.6.