Community discussions

MikroTik App

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Vlan with Websmart Plannet switch.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Want to set up a PPPoE client on mikrotik to connect through with Vlan through Ether1 connecting to a Planet switch Port1 and part of the Vlan group on switch is Port2 connecting to a ADSL modem without Vlan capability.
Is this possible, maybe with another make of switch?
My setup is Vlan1 with ID 51 created on ether 1. Ether 1 is connected to planet switch Port 1 where i created 802.1Q Vlan with id 51 and Port 1 tagged and Port 2 untagged as part of the Vlan. I then connect Port 2 to the ADSL modem.
Cant establish PPPoE connection. If i give Vlan on mikrotik a ip in range of switch ip, it is possible to ping the switch through Vlan and if i change id on Vlan it is not possible to ping switch any more, which leads me to believe, the Vlan is functioning correct between mikrotik and Switch. Must be missing something.
Any info would be appreciated.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Vlan with Websmart Plannet switch.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:07 am

That sounds like it should work. Wild stab: What did you attach the PPPoE client to? It would need to be attached to the VLAN interface.

If that doesn't help, can you show the Mikrotik router configuration ("/interface print detail", "/ip address print detail", "/ip route print detail", "/interface vlan export", and "/interface pppoe-client export") as well as the switch configuration?

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Thanks for the reply. Is connected to VLan. The setings as requisted.
 /interface print detail                   
Flags: D - dynamic, X - disabled, R - running, S - slave 
 0  R  name="ether1" type="ether" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1526 max-l2mtu=1526 

1  R  name="ether2" type="ether" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1522 max-l2mtu=1522 

2     name="ether3" type="ether" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1522 max-l2mtu=1522 

3     name="ether4" type="ether" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1522 max-l2mtu=1522 

4     name="ether5" type="ether" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1522 max-l2mtu=1522 

5     name="ether6" type="ether" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1522 max-l2mtu=1522 

6     name="ether7" type="ether" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1522 max-l2mtu=1522 

7     name="ether8" type="ether" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1522 max-l2mtu=1522 

8     name="ether9" type="ether" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1522 max-l2mtu=1522 

9  R  name="vlan10" type="vlan" mtu=1500 l2mtu=1522 

10     name="pppoe-out1" type="pppoe-out" 
/ip address print detail
/ip route print detail
Flags: X - disabled, A - active, D - dynamic, 
C - connect, S - static, r - rip, b - bgp, o - ospf, m - mme, 
B - blackhole, U - unreachable, P - prohibit 
/interface vlan export
# jan/02/1970 09:48:46 by RouterOS 5.6
# software id = EZZQ-JLIA
#
/interface vlan
add arp=enabled disabled=no interface=ether1 l2mtu=1522 mtu=1500 name=vlan10 \
    use-service-tag=no vlan-id=10
/interface pppoe-client
add ac-name=aborgeap add-default-route=no allow=pap,chap,mschap1,mschap2 \
    dial-on-demand=no disabled=no interface=vlan10 max-mru=1480 max-mtu=1480
    mrru=disabled name=pppoe-out1 password="" profile=default service-name=\
    isp64329@dsl512.isdsl.net use-peer-dns=no user=""
Switch is set to 802.1Q with two vlan groups.
Default_1 with VID=1 and Vlan_10 with VID=10
Vlan_10 consist out of port 1 and port 16. Port 1 is untagged and port 16 tagged.
Default_1 consist of all the other ports except port 1 and 16. All ports in Default_1 is untagged.
Ip is set to 192.168.124.201 accessible with the Default group, using port 23.
Port 1 is connected to modem and port 16 to Mikrotik.

Vlan filter is set the same for all ports. PVID=1 with ingress filter 1 enable (Forward only packets with VID matching this port's configured VID)

Did disable filter 1 but no change, just can't seem to establish a PPPoE connection. :?

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:22 pm

The Mikrotik router seems configured right. Does this work when you change the PPPoE client interface to ether3 and plug the ADSL modem right into ether3? That would verify that your PPPoE settings are correct.

If that does work I'm convinced it's a problem with the switch. The dot1q setup sounds correct - tagged on the Mikrotik router port, untagged on the modem port. I am unfamiliar with these switches. I tried downloading a few manuals but couldn't find anything about VLAN filters. Are you sure you have that configured right? Do you have a link to a manual on the manufacturer's site for your specific switch model that explains how VLAN filters work on these switches?

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:56 pm

Thanks for the reply. Jip, did test it, actual just deleted Vlan10 on switch and placed all ports untagged in the default group. Had to remove the cabel from port 23 with which i interface onto the switch, before the PPPoE made a connection.

Switch info. http://www.planet.com.tw/en/product/pro ... hp?id=1644
Manual, have got version 2 installed. http://www.planet.com.tw/en/support/dow ... GSW-2620VM

Have read this a few times and the only thing that bothers me is that the data coming in on the untagged port is given the PVID tag which is default=1 although this is default on all the ports. Can be changed, but just feels like this might be the problem.

Ok, got it to function through Vlan on mikrotik with port 16 tagged and port 1 untagged. Had to change both ports PVID to the same as VID. Dont think this is the right way though, because each port can only have one PVID and if i add the next Vlan, where port 16 will be a common port, this wont function.

Appreciate your inputs .

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:18 pm

If I'm understanding that manual right (and wow could they benefit from hiring someone else to write their English language manuals) you should be fine. The VLAN filter only affects the untagged VLAN - you can only have one untagged VLAN per port. It was getting dropped on the modem port because that's untagged and the PVID on the filter was set to 1 while the port VLAN id was 16. Changing that to 16 should have been sufficient. The filter shouldn't affect the Mikrotik router port since traffic there is tagged, so the VLAN filter shouldn't fire at all. If you add more tagged VLANs to the router the filter still doesn't come into play. You just have to configure the filter PVID per port to matched the untagged VLAN id of that port.

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:02 am

Thanks for response. Had only one more problem. The default PVID of port 16 is 1, which is the default of the default VLan. This killed the connection. Changed PVID of port 16 to VID of Vlan 1 , this functioned , but VLAN2 that is suppose to make use of modem on port 2 also made connection through modem on port 1. If i change PVID of port 16 to any of the Vlans with a untag port, all PPPoE connections is made through that untagged port's modem. Since PVID can only be VID of a created Vlan, i had to create a Vlan on switch and used port 26 with a VID of 200 and assigned this as PVID of port 16. This fixed the problem. Will never be able to use port 26 but wasn't planning to use more than 15 modems.

OK, two days later and very happy to see a R next to a PPPoE client, now the games can begin. :) Appreciate all the input.

arpiska
just joined

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:22 am

Hi!

I have a following devices: AT-FS750/24, AT-FS750/16, Routerboard 450G (firewall - gateway, qos, proxy), Ubiquitiy Unifi, Linux servers, network printers...

When You use the port-based and when 802.1Q tagged VLAN? This can be conbined? A port-based VLAN can communicate with the tagged/untagged vlan (same ID)? When to use untagged ports?

Would like to solve the following:

1. Connect the two swiches (like a big swich - FS750/24 and 750/16):
- what I need to be setup? I know that the same VLAN configuration on both sites.

2. VLAN configuration:
- for example 2 vlan, same subnet: 192.168.0.0/24
- trunking the AT switch with Routerboard
- connecting memebers of two vlan to switches without sequence
- connecting servers (2 vlan interface to one switch port),(and can setup vlans on Unifi AP) this port must be tagged or port-based with "multi-union"?
- how to I resolve that network printers to be accessed from multiple vlan (same IP class)?

Thanks!