Community discussions

MikroTik App

rado3105
Topic Author

Problem with rb750 configuration, cant ping from other subne

Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi, I changed 433 for rb750g. At first I could restore backup from rb433(same versions of routeros - 4.6). Then I exported and imported .rsc scripts. After setting everything like before. I put it on my network. All communication through router goes, like before. But when I want to connect to rb750 from other subnets, or ping it I cant do that. Also from rb750g I cant ping internet(dns are setted right). What can be wrong? Are ethernets ports isolated, or what?
Thanks

ps: before setting aj reset all default settings
edit: rb750 is connected to main router through switch. All connections from and behind main router(that goes through switch) to rb750 doesnt work. Connections from other routers connected directly to rb750 works. So it must be because of that switch. But when there is rb433 it works. Is possible to make it work also on rb750? All connections that are not directed to ip of rb750 works, also devices behind rb750 can connect to main router and internet. But when I put somewhere before rb750 that I want to ping, or get inside rb750 it doesnt work.

tjc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Problem with rb750 configuration, cant ping from other s

Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi, I changed 433 for rb750g. At first I could restore backup from rb433(same versions of routeros - 4.6).
Backups are specific to the router you made them on due to things like serial numbers and MAC addresses. You can't use a backup from one 433 on another let along another model.
Then I exported and imported .rsc scripts. After setting everything like before. I put it on my network.
Sadly applying an export script over the top of a default config also has issues, since very often it will fail trying to add things that already exist.

Your best bet is probably to reset the rb750g to the default config, export that and compare it to the original export with something like meld or kdiff or ... Then you can go through and apply the changes needed to make them match up. I discover this after accidentally locking myself out of the router (a botched cut & paste) and having to reset to the defaults.

If you're any good at scripting it would actually be fairly straight forward to convert an export script into one that can be applied on top of the default configuration. Mostly it's a matter of adding "remove" statements before the "add" blocks or converting them to "set" statements. For example one of the first conflicts I ran into was with this command:
/ip pool add name=default-dhcp ranges=192.168.1.100-192.168.1.254
Converting that into a set is fairly simple:
/ip pool set [find name=default-dhcp] ranges=192.168.1.100-192.168.1.254
Going through the whole export file like this would be fairly tedious, but when you're done you'll be able to restore the configuration any time you want.

rado3105
Topic Author

Re: Problem with rb750 configuration, cant ping from other s

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:27 pm

problem was in that switch between main router and rb750, he propably saves arp table to rom and restart didnt delete it. Changing for other switch solved the problem.
Thanks