Community discussions

MikroTik App

mhobart2
just joined
Topic Author

Proxy NAT to specific external IP

Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi,

We have a proxy setup that all internal users are pointed to for their internet traffic. I have multiple external ip addresses assigned to the public intereface. It seems as though all the proxy traffic is being redirected out through the first available external ip. Everything works fine, but I'd like to point it out through a specific IP. When I add a src-nat rule it doesn't seem to effect any traffic going through the proxy. It only redirected traffic that wasn't going through the proxy.

Am I missing a spot in the WEB Proxy page to set what external ip it uses to go out?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Proxy NAT to specific external IP

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:42 am

The built in proxy doesn't require NAT. Just set the src-address property in "/ip proxy" directly to the public IP you want to use. The IP has to be assigned to an interface for this to work.

If you really wanted to you could set a private IP here and then NAT based on the src-address of a packet, but that just adds a step without any benefit whatsoever.

mhobart2
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:27 pm

That worked perfect changing it in the Proxy settings. Thanks for your help!

mhobart2
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:33 pm

I do have one other question about the cache buildup. I have it set to refresh in 1 day, but there are still files in the cache contents over a month old. Do those files only get deleted when the GB quota is met?