MikroTik App

markrudling
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Centeral PPPOE

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:19 am

Hi guys

I’m assisting my brother upgrade his current WISP setup.

They have a number of subscribers across multiple AP’s. Some AP’s are used as connection points for additional AP’s.

At the moment, each AP interface has its own IP range. Each client is manually assigned an IP address and is routed through to the internet via nat rules. Masquerade is not used, so we can see each client’s IP address at the exit point to the internet, and are able to apply queues to those ip’s.

I need help with 2 things. Im implementing pppoe with username and radius. I have got this working, however need assistance with 2 parts.

A pppoe server sits on each AP, with authentication via radius. As is, the internet gateway see’s traffic coming from the mikrotik that hostes the pppoe server, not the clients IP. This is because im masquerading them.

Can I have all pppoe connections connecting to a central pppoe server on the one miktroik at the internet point? If not, how do I setup nat so that the IP addresses of the clients are seen by the final mikrotik?

Thanks
Mark

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Centeral PPPOE

Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Just don't masq them at each endpoint Mikrotik. Wait until that last gateway router before you masq them. Then they keep their individual addresses until they go out that final interface to the Internet.