Community discussions

MikroTik App

mtaller
just joined
Topic Author

RouterOS feature

Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi !

We currently have Elfiq load balancer. We plan to replace it because our new connection is incompatible with it.
Someone talk me about RouterOS. I have take a look on it's feature and seem to be powerful.
But seem to missing one feature.

The Elfiq have a feature named "SitePath" that split VPN (site-to-site) over all Internet connection.
So, the VPN between offices stay up and running in any time.

Do RouterOS is able to do that ?

Thanks you

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RouterOS feature

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Hi !

We currently have Elfiq load balancer. We plan to replace it because our new connection is incompatible with it.
Someone talk me about RouterOS. I have take a look on it's feature and seem to be powerful.
But seem to missing one feature.

The Elfiq have a feature named "SitePath" that split VPN (site-to-site) over all Internet connection.
So, the VPN between offices stay up and running in any time.

Thanks you
MT's routerboards are powerful. Almost everything is possible. I presume what your "SitePath" is doing is called bonding. You bind a connection over two (or more) parallel connections and ´bond´ them into one big pipe. If one of the connections fails, traffic can still run over the other.

Take a look here: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Interface/Bonding

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:54 pm

No. It has some load balancing features, but nothing nearly as advanced as SitePath. Especially the single path monitoring requires manual scripting that may or may not fill your requirements, and it can't do adaptive weighting based on path SLA.

mtaller
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks you for your anwser