Community discussions

MikroTik App

isaacu
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

VLANS on Ethernet Bridge not working

Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:11 pm

I am running ROS 5.7 on an x86 system with a single Gigabit ethernet and 4 Fa on a Intel ethernet card. I made a bridge and added two of the fa ports to it. I added an IP to the bridge and then I added 3 vlans (interfaces) to the bridge. When I plug my equip to either of the bridge ports I can see them via their IP, but the VLANS (one of which is the hotspot traffic) does not seem to be passing through. If I assign the VLANs directly to the port and not the bridge all is right with the world.
NOW A LITTLE BACKGROUND: I have a vertical and horizontal B/G/N hotspot network consisting of two Engenius WAPS. I manage them through a 192.xxx.xxx.xxx subnet which is assigned to the port facing them. The engenius allows me to do SSID per VLAN so I have 3 SSIDS and 3 VLANS. Currently I am running out of the hotspot controller (x86 ROS) into a cheap switch and out to the WAPS. This is working great. But, I want to do away with the switch and use 2 ports on the controller. When I do the bridge I can still see BOTH waps on the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx subnet, but the vlans don't seem to be passing through to the SSIDs. (No DHCP)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

netrat

Re: VLANS on Ethernet Bridge not working

Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:12 pm

Post your config, specifically
/interface bridge export
/interface vlan export