Community discussions

MikroTik App

Ivan
just joined
Topic Author

strange problem on RB450

Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:42 am

Hi, I had a strange problem on an RB450 ros 5.7 used also as PPPoE.
I had to use (because I had them new and unused from years ;-)) an RB450 like new point in my backbone for some users and I use 2 ap for users on same subnet with pppoe, and 2 ubnt cpe configured like trasparent bridge for use ospf with this configuration:

ether5 with address 10.2.0.20 connected to an ubnt cpe 10.2.0.2 in bridge with another connected to an RB433 ether2

ether 4 address 10.2.1.10 same as above but cpe address 10.2.1.1 terminated with RB450

ether 3,2,1 bridged with address 10.1.0.1

I connect 2 AP on ether 2 and 3, ether 1 is used for connection with my notebook if I need to do it, always disconnected.

ospf is configured like in any other unit of my network, radius is on remote server and configured like on any other unit of my network, also ppoe server.

I notice that only one AP is monitored via dude, the other fail any test BUT WORKS!

sometimes pppoe don't work, and I had to manually input the secret (2 or 3 users not a problem)
monitoring on backup radius the calls I do not see any request. nas is ok (main address 10.1.0.1 and also 10.2.1.10, then I will delete the unused).
if I enable the ethernet port of the bridge I had an error in the log about bad request generated brom bridge and loopback error.

I try to change the arp of the ether 5 and 4 to proxy-arp but not solved.

Is there a way to configure 1 port for backbone with a subnet, 1 port for backbone with different subnet and use the remaining port bridged on a separate subnet for direct access or with AP with local PPPoE and remote radius. working without problem?
Maybe there is a "logical forced" use of the ether of this unit?

I wish you understand. Thank you