Community discussions

MikroTik App

dzieva
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

V5.X is the most bugged version, and the V6.X as it will be?

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:28 pm

Dear Mikrotik team.

Please improve the quality of RouterOS he is very unstable in all aspects.

Regards.
Dzieva

cbrown
Trainer
Trainer

Re: V5.X is the most bugged version, and the V6.X as it will

Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:53 pm

I have had 5.7 running on our core server for 41 days without a single problem. So I wouldn't say ALL aspects.

ayufan

Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:21 pm

Please improve the quality of RouterOS he is very unstable in all aspects.
Can You describe why? I have been using 5.x for few months without many major issues.

doush
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:33 pm

5.7 on 493G is having CPU issues when hotspot server is setup. DHCP takes %40 CPU and overall is reaching %100 all the time.

Downgrade to 5.4 solves the issues.

ayufan

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:30 pm

5.7 on 493G is having CPU issues when hotspot server is setup. DHCP takes %40 CPU and overall is reaching %100 all the time.
There was problem with DHCP server on disconnected/disabled interfaces. Ask support and you will get 5.8 prerelase.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:26 am

We are now at 5.7 and the OS is pretty much matured.
4.x family went up to .17 where 3.x family went up to .20+.

Following this forum and my own exeriances each new OS-family series is sooner in maturing than the previous.
This gives high hopes for 6.x which obviously already is in the pipeline.

We can only hope that this manufacturer in almost reaching its best product ever is not going bust, beeing taken over or merged into something else like we saw too many times in the past with technologies on the move.

It is usually the best selling product manufacturer that survives, not the best quality. And wireless technology is on the move, and its moving fast. Personally I don't see MT survive onother 5 years. And that can be taken as a compliment! :?

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:05 am

We are now at 5.7 and the OS is pretty much matured.
4.x family went up to .17 where 3.x family went up to .20+.

Following this forum and my own exeriances each new OS-family series is sooner in maturing than the previous.
This gives high hopes for 6.x which obviously already is in the pipeline.

We can only hope that this manufacturer in almost reaching its best product ever is not going bust, beeing taken over or merged into something else like we saw too many times in the past with technologies on the move.

It is usually the best selling product manufacturer that survives, not the best quality. And wireless technology is on the move, and its moving fast. Personally I don't see MT survive onother 5 years. And that can be taken as a compliment! :?
v5 started out really rough. But, 5.8 is so far the BEST mikrotik version yet! It is a disappointment that they still haven't officially released a DHCP fix for 5.7 though. It's been over a month with a serious known bug. They should have immediately released 5.8 as DHCP-fix only and then used 5.9 for everything that is going into the current 5.8. For MT customers that don't browse the forums, 5.7 could really hurt them.