boldness
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

2 Internet connection

Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am

Hellow,
I have got a routerboard450 which has 5 ports My system is this

ADSL-->Switch--->rb450 and I have also got antennas to deliver the internet my dsl connection is 4mbps and i'm doing ppoe-client to connect to the internet on mikrotik and now I bout new internet bandwidth which is up to 20 MBPS min:10MBPS
it's not a dsl connection they put a small Mikrotik sxt and my internet bandwidth comes through on it when I plug in the cable on my computer's ethernet port I directly connect to the internet but I don't know how i'm going to make a connection on mikrotik to connect that 10 mbps internet also to my system as I told u shortly

DSL-->SWITCH HUB-->RB450

it's working now and I want to add my new band to the internet also to make my band 14 mbps is that bridging ? I dont know what to do can anyone please help me ?

and I also would like to learn how to setup my 10 mbps bandwidth by using ether2

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: 2 Internet connection

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:55 am

Hellow,
I have got a routerboard450 which has 5 ports My system is this

ADSL-->Switch--->rb450 and I have also got antennas to deliver the internet my dsl connection is 4mbps and i'm doing ppoe-client to connect to the internet on mikrotik and now I bout new internet bandwidth which is up to 20 MBPS min:10MBPS
it's not a dsl connection they put a small Mikrotik sxt and my internet bandwidth comes through on it when I plug in the cable on my computer's ethernet port I directly connect to the internet but I don't know how i'm going to make a connection on mikrotik to connect that 10 mbps internet also to my system as I told u shortly

DSL-->SWITCH HUB-->RB450

it's working now and I want to add my new band to the internet also to make my band 14 mbps is that bridging ? I dont know what to do can anyone please help me ?

and I also would like to learn how to setup my 10 mbps bandwidth by using ether2

You cannot do 10+4=14 unless your service provider allows you to bond them together. This has to be provisioned on the ISP side.

You can, however, do load balancing between them so some of the traffic goes on ISP connection #1 and other traffic on ISP #2, but you can not "add" them together for faster speed unless it is also done on the ISP side.

So short answer, no. Long answer, maybe... ask your ISP provider.

cbrown
Trainer
Trainer

Re: 2 Internet connection

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:25 pm

PCC is going to be your best bet.

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:PCC