Community discussions

MikroTik App

Ripper
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Optimal way to connect to other MT device tunneling

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:31 pm

I have Working MT x 86 devices with all services running...
I have one more with internet MT 750G throughput 200 mbit I want to connect that MT thru internet to first one and share all those services.

What optimal way to do that ... first idea is VPN ... but need to find optimal fast solution with multicast and VLAN support with channel cascading at 750g end point will be to internet channel witch we need to balance to increase throughput to x86 device....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ripper on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cieplik206
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Optimal way to connect to other MT device tunneling

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:20 pm

The only way is tunneling if you want to send VLANs over,

I suggest to you use EoIP tunnel and if needed uses IPsec to encrypt it, it should work,

Remeber to decrease mss becouse lower MTU on Tunnel will couse you problems.

Ripper
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Optimal way to connect to other MT device tunneling

Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:22 am

What about perfomance ... how ppts and mbit it possible to get from 750G at 800 mhz?

I need to transfer around 200-300 mbit totally
is it possible at that hardware ... from x86 i don't worry it quadcore 3Ghz Cpu if I need i can post it even to 6 core ... so it wont be problem I fear a bout 750 perfomance ...

I need to share all services even multicast stream from x86 side ... RB750g will be some thing like additional hope ... but actually it will work thrue internet ... I don't need strong secure connection ... so encryption may be unnecessary.