Community discussions

MikroTik App

cybercoder
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

self upgrade mechanism?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:55 pm

is good idea? just a click and latest npk package download directly from mikrotik routerOS repository in web site in to the routerboard. ( when routerboard connected to the Internet )

cieplik206
Trainer
Trainer

Re: self upgrade mechanism?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:15 am

You can find script for that in WIKI, I think i've seen one there

cybercoder
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:11 pm

I saw that script but i think a tiny interface like roterboard upgrade is more beauty and useful for newbies.

This is just a idea.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Many options available. For example:

1. RouterOS has built in auto-upgrade, where it monitors a certain IP address, and when it sees new packages there, it will take them and upgrade

2. The Dude has built-in mass upgrade feature. Just select a group of routers and click the version you want to put there.

cybercoder
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:56 am

Thanx dear normis for reply
Auto-upgrade feature is nice, it takes packages from where we put before. can it check official mikrotik repository for new packages?

regards

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:01 am

mikrotik doesn't have any official repository. you need to make one yourself. we will fix the RSS feed, so your server can monitor it for changes.

zindy
just joined

Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi guys,

1. is there any way how can I set password in terminal? I tried setting up upgrade mirror, but it didn't work for me. I tried to add manual upgrade source with IP address of my server with packages on it. After it I was able to see available packages, download them, upgrade, whatever I wanted. But I need to add this source to all of my 160 devices and I don't want to write password manualy on each device. I can't set password directly. I must add address and user and after it I am prompted for password.

2. Last time I upgraded entire network using The Dude BUT it was a little bit problematic. When I open Devices table and RouterOS tab I can see all of my devices. Problem was with packages. Many devices "died" during upgrade proces because wirelles package didn't upload correctly. Upgrade process was successfull, but wireless package was corrupted and didn't install. I had to go to each dead device and upload wireless package via ethernet. After reboot it was allright again. I noticed that some devices don't have many separate packages but one package called routeros package. I wanted to use The Dude to upgrade all devices using this package, but it didn't work, because "no available packages". I uploaded only this one big file to The Dude server, but it was impossible to upgrade many packages to this one. Even force upgrade didn't work. I think in future versions of The Dude it would be nice to change Force upgrade option to allow upgrading device with routeros package even if there is many small packages before upgrade. I like routeros package because it will upgrade everything or nothing, but not partialy.

Thank you for answer

Best Regards

Vaclav
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

simonfishley
just joined

Thu May 17, 2012 1:25 pm

Many options available. For example:

1. RouterOS has built in auto-upgrade, where it monitors a certain IP address, and when it sees new packages there, it will take them and upgrade

2. The Dude has built-in mass upgrade feature. Just select a group of routers and click the version you want to put there.
Hi All

Apologies for raising an old thread from the dead. Normis, I am trying to find out what needs to be behind the "Upgrade Mirror" setting in the Auto Upgrade section. Is that another Mikrotik Device? FTP server with latest upgrade? What folder structure is required? I have tried pointing it at a mikrotik device and a ftp server with the latest npk there but it does not seem to do anything. I have set the check time to the lowest interval which seems to be 7minutes or so.

Any tips?

Thanks
Simon

void
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:06 pm

Can somebody explain how the "Auto Upgrade Mirror" is working ? What is required on server side ? Which protocol is being used ?

void
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:29 pm

Nobody ?

void
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:12 am

Mikrotik guys ?

pingus

Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:00 pm

Can somebody explain how the "Auto Upgrade Mirror" is working ?

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:42 pm

zyzelis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:49 pm

Janisk,
there isn't explanation about autoupgrade mirror...