Community discussions

MikroTik App

noxid8
Topic Author

DIRECTV2PC and wireless bridge not working

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:13 pm

Anyone using DIRECTV2PC with their mikrotik and wireless?

The DIRECTV2PC app is a non routable app, so to get it to work I have bridged my LAN and WAN connections so they are on the same subnet, but I still can't get it to work. I get the error - receiver not found. It works fine if I use the LAN connection.

Is there a bridge port setting I can use to get this to work?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: DIRECTV2PC and wireless bridge not working

Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:09 am

You mean WLAN, not WAN. Did you put the WLAN in the bridge AND put the LAN in the bridge AND remove IP addresses from individual bridge ports and put the ip address on the bridge itself? If so, it should work.

noxid8
Topic Author

Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:47 am

You mean WLAN, not WAN. Did you put the WLAN in the bridge AND put the LAN in the bridge AND remove IP addresses from individual bridge ports and put the ip address on the bridge itself? If so, it should work.
Thanks for the post. Both LAN and WLAN ports are in the bridge and the only IP addresses are assigned to the Bridge, WAN and WLAN2/hotspot interfaces. Everything else works as it should it's just this one app that doesn't. It acts like it's a routed environment and fails.

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:03 am

Thanks for the post. Both LAN and WLAN ports are in the bridge and the only IP addresses are assigned to the Bridge, WAN and WLAN2/hotspot interfaces. Everything else works as it should it's just this one app that doesn't. It acts like it's a routed environment and fails.
And you definately do NOT have the "USE IP FIREWALL" option checked, correct?

What version of Mikrotik are you using?

noxid8
Topic Author

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:33 am

Thanks for the help.

I did have that checked. I was told by someone on these boards I needed that checked for some specific rules to work between the ports in the bridge.

Unchecking that worked. What exactly does that check box do? I'll have to see if everything still works with it unchecked.

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks for the help.

I did have that checked. I was told by someone on these boards I needed that checked for some specific rules to work between the ports in the bridge.

Unchecking that worked. What exactly does that check box do? I'll have to see if everything still works with it unchecked.
If you had that box checked... then that means you have a rule in the firewall blocking the connection. You can leave that box checked... but you must find whatever rule you have in the firewall that is blocking the connection and fix it.

noxid8
Topic Author

Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:18 pm

If you had that box checked... then that means you have a rule in the firewall blocking the connection. You can leave that box checked... but you must find whatever rule you have in the firewall that is blocking the connection and fix it.
I don't see any rule that would block that connection. I have access and can ping the DTV box, it's just this app that doesn't work. To test it, I even put a rule at the top that allowed all traffic to the DTV and no luck. Weird... Maybe a bug or limitation that I'll have to live with or workaround. (I'm using 5.11 just upgraded hopping it would fix it.)

Thanks for the help!

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:38 pm

I don't see any rule that would block that connection. I have access and can ping the DTV box, it's just this app that doesn't work. To test it, I even put a rule at the top that allowed all traffic to the DTV and no luck. Weird... Maybe a bug or limitation that I'll have to live with or workaround. (I'm using 5.11 just upgraded hopping it would fix it.)

Thanks for the help!
If you think it is a bug, send to support@mikrotik.com and they will either fix it or try to reproduce it.