MikroTik App

TonyJr
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Orange UK UMA and Ports/Protocols

Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:58 am

Hello,

I have a Blackberry handset on Orange UK, which when connected to wireless, routes all calls over the internet by using UMA.

On my old router, no settings needed to be changed for it work. Call quality was great and there were no delays.

I have been trying to get it to work with a Mikrotik router, but I am having a problem. It kind of works, but voice is sometimes broken or delayed then the call is dropped. This is when there is no other traffic on the Mikrotik box, too.

I have a list of the correct ports and protocols that need to be allowed or forwarded to the device(s), but I am unsure where they would go in the firewall and nat (input, forward etc) and also, how could I get it to work with more than one device as before, without using port forwarding? Can I also have an IPSec tunnel running from the router to another router at the same time over the same WAN connection?

These are the ports and protocols the UMA uses:

UDP/500
UDP/4500
IP Protocol 50 (ESP)
IP Protocol 51 (AH)

In the UK this traffic needs to be permitted to the Orange network (no other carriers support this service yet) 193.35.128.0/20

Thanks for your time!

Tony