Community discussions

MikroTik App

semperfi89
just joined
Topic Author

Help with setting up an SSTP Login page...

Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:51 am

I'm wanting to setup my box with a web based login page for sstp so users can just goto a url (ie. vpn.mycompany.com) and be presented with a login page kinda like the Hotspot services has... Is it possible? Can anybody help me?

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Help with setting up an SSTP Login page...

Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:38 pm

I'm wanting to setup my box with a web based login page for sstp so users can just goto a url (ie. vpn.mycompany.com) and be presented with a login page kinda like the Hotspot services has... Is it possible? Can anybody help me?
The SSTP in Mikrotik uses the built-in Windows Vista/7 (NO XP SUPPORT) SSTP client. You have to set it up in Windows as a new virtual/vpn network connection. There is no web-based SSTP in Mikrotik.

semperfi89
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:56 pm

That's what I thought. Thanks

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:00 pm

You can do this, however, with something like OpenVPN Access Server or SonicWall.

semperfi89
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:04 am

Can I install OpenVPN on my mikrotik box AND have it display a web page where a users is promped for un/pw it then creates an ssl/vpn connection? ie not insalling anything on the client or configuring the client in anyway....

My goal is so somebody can goto a public computer browse to the url, login and then there connected with the internal network. If possible all with the Mikrotik itself.

If anybody has any guides I'd love it.

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:07 am

Can I install OpenVPN on my mikrotik box AND have it display a web page where a users is promped for un/pw it then creates an ssl/vpn connection? ie not insalling anything on the client or configuring the client in anyway....

My goal is so somebody can goto a public computer browse to the url, login and then there connected with the internal network. If possible all with the Mikrotik itself.

NO. You cannot "install" anything on the Mikrotik (unless you do meta-router, which is an entirely different subject). Anything beyond the basic included functionality requires a separate product like OpenVPN Access Server. The ONLY web-based network authentication that Mikrotik has is the hotspot.

semperfi89
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:21 am

NO. You cannot "install" anything on the Mikrotik (unless you do meta-router, which is an entirely different subject). Anything beyond the basic included functionality requires a separate product like OpenVPN Access Server. The ONLY web-based network authentication that Mikrotik has is the hotspot.

So I'd have to install openvpn on a box inside my network and then use that to provide the web page that would allow the login, but then that box will also be the vpn end point right?

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:06 am

That is correct. You can port foward the port(s) through the Mikrotik to the OpenVPN server box... and that OpenVPN server (or whatever you use) will be your VPN endpoint.