Community discussions

MikroTik App

salooomus
just joined
Topic Author

Aproblem in Hosts !!

Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:53 am

hello everybody ,

I have mikrotik 3.3 and i have a problem with it which is , Sometimes i find that some users are in Hosts menu but not in Active menu and their traffic is very high despite they arent logged in so what is the solution for this problem and may i ask also if their is a code or something that remove the unlogged users from Hosts menu . Here is a Pic. for what happens ,

thanks alot

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Aproblem in Hosts !!

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:06 am

hello everybody ,

I have mikrotik 3.3 and i have a problem with it which is , Sometimes i find that some users are in Hosts menu but not in Active menu and their traffic is very high despite they arent logged in so what is the solution for this problem and may i ask also if their is a code or something that remove the unlogged users from Hosts menu . Here is a Pic. for what happens ,

thanks alot
Your picture does not show up...

salooomus
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:45 am

Your picture does not show up...
sorry what do you mean ?... what i meant with my picture that that user's TX Rate is high although its not signed in and not in active menu

salooomus
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Hello anybody there ????!!!!

Feklar
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Client computers when they aren't signed in can still try and grab HTTP requests from the internet, these are intercepted and served by the Hotspot, usually by redirecting them to the login page (thus generating the traffic you are seeing an a higher than normal CPU load). That is how a client gets to the login page in the first place. This means that a client computer can continually request HTTP content over and over and over again, what you are seeing is that. Possibly because of a virus on the client computer, or some other program that wants to get content and just keeps asking for it until it gets it.

You can set up a firewall filter rule that will restrict the number of connections the router will service on the input chain to lessen the impact of this, but this won't prevent a client from doing it.

salooomus
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Client computers when they aren't signed in can still try and grab HTTP requests from the internet, these are intercepted and served by the Hotspot, usually by redirecting them to the login page (thus generating the traffic you are seeing an a higher than normal CPU load). That is how a client gets to the login page in the first place. This means that a client computer can continually request HTTP content over and over and over again, what you are seeing is that. Possibly because of a virus on the client computer, or some other program that wants to get content and just keeps asking for it until it gets it.

You can set up a firewall filter rule that will restrict the number of connections the router will service on the input chain to lessen the impact of this, but this won't prevent a client from doing it.
Thanks , but is that mean that there is no solution for it and from where i can get that filter rule ??

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Check the wiki for limiting connections... but as was said in the previous post, an unauthenticated person is allowed to access the hotspot login page... otherwise they can't login. They can hammer the login page if they want, but you can limit connections if you want.

Is this actually causing a problem for you, or do you simply not like what you see in the picture?

toni17

Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:16 am

I had the same problem in my hotspot server
I fixed it by making the user an static ip,bypassing the hotspot page and then queuing it.
Maybe this helps

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:23 am

I had the same problem in my hotspot server
I fixed it by making the user an static ip,bypassing the hotspot page and then queuing it.
Maybe this helps
You mean so that user can never login again? What if that user needs to login?

toni17

Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:50 am

He bypasses the login page so he doesen't needs to be loged,
you now can control his bandwidth by the queues . I have resolved my 100% Cpu Load , and sometimes the board restarts.
I think this is a virus on user PC but I'm not shure.