Community discussions

MikroTik App

earljack
Topic Author

Torch Feature (reinstatement) Request

Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:33 am

Please put the port column back in Torch. The way it is now both src and dst port columns have been merged with their respective IP address columns. This is most clearly a step back and offers no advantage whatsoever over the previous version. We have lost the ability to sort by port numbers!

In the past I could sort by src/dst port and then have a secondary sort on tx/rx rate to see if any suspicious activity was consuming a high amount of bandwidth. We can no longer do this. Please explain the thinking behind removing the ability to sort by ports.

In my opinion sorting by ports is even more important than sorting by IP addresses. All I can think is this must have been a mistake and one of your programmers set it up this way temporarily and forgot to put it back the way it should be.

Just a quick search on this matter shows several people want it back the way it used to be, so Mikrotik needs to at least make it an option to view ports separately, even if there is a performance hit (just add a warning). There have been complaints on this for over 6 months and I have heard Mikrotik is looking into it. This isn't something that should have to be "looked into". This is a fix that should take no more than 15 minutes to achieve. This bug isn't helping anyone. All it is doing is giving people a desire to downgrade to a proper working version (myself included). This reminds me of the ACK bug that has existed in The Dude for nearly 2 years (device goes down, you are alerted, you ACK it, device comes back up, you are alerted, device goes back down, but is automatically ACK'ed and you are never alerted again. That is a broken behavior).

I can see this bug getting swept under the rug and not being addressed for several years. If that's the case I imagine ROS 4.X is the last version of ROS I will ever use. Afterall, 4.X has enough features to satisfy me and is pristine in every other way. I haven't a single bad thing to say about it.

Who also shares my frustration and hopes Mikrotik will be awesome and fix this in 5.12?!?!

Aug

Re: Torch Feature (reinstatement) Request

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:09 pm

I'd like to see it back.
Saves my old eyes from having to scan too much data.

chucka
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Torch Feature (reinstatement) Request

Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:48 am

Just downloaded version 6.0rc6 in hopes that torch would finally have the port column added back. Unfortunately we still cannot sort by port number. :-( This is a very handy feature for hunting down bots or virus infected machines on our customers connections.

I haven't seen much in the forum about this lately. Is there a workaround for this that I am missing?