Community discussions

MikroTik App

frogman
just joined
Topic Author

PPTP site to site, preserve upload bandwith for remote users

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:42 am

Hello. Before I start to type my issue, I would like to say that MT rulez, and this forum also.
Before I ask my local ISP for what kind of internet connection I can get, I want a better upload in central office, because classic ISP packets have like 192kbps.
The scenario is central office and branch office in the same town.
One location will have a ADSL line with pppoe connection (ISP router is working in bridge mode) and have a PC with routeros installed, link spedd 4Mpbs/192Kbps.
Other location is still to come alive, with RB750 series, and I will try to get my ISP to give me a WAN connection with like 4Mbps/512Kbps, and a static IP (for MT it will be a dhcp client, or maybe a pppoe connection, still do not know).
I need to setup a site to site PPTP scenario, security is no issue, only fast user data flow.
In the smaller office (branch) I will have only two PCs that need access to file server shares and some access application that is bandwith consuming.

I am interested in, when setting up this scenario, using the standard settings (http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Interface/PPTP) is there some way to tell ther RB750 to preserve a 75% of the upload WAN bandwith for the PPTP remote users, because behind rb750 I will have 25PCs that send alot of emails.
And is the scenario the same when I am using a pppoe wan connection, even with dyndns.org if I cannot get a static IP in central office.

Thanks for any link, advice or tutorial, in advance.

frogman
just joined
Topic Author

Re: PPTP site to site, preserve upload bandwith for remote u

Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:11 am

Hello.
No one with this classic scenario ?
All I need is some firewall rules that I will apply to the MT that is pptp server to preserve the upload bandwith.
Thanks in advance.