MikroTik App

mktwifi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Data from unknown device, sent deauth

Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Dear guys!
I have a Hyperlan network with some Mikrotik AP; in this AP there are two or three radios and I use access-list to permit link to one radio rather to the others. Now problem is that, sometimes several CPEs disconnect from AP and it try to connect to other radio that isn't present in access-list and so in LOG I see this error:

radio not in access list: Data from unknown device, sent deauth

Only after several minutes (sometimes 20/30 min) CPEs reconnect to the correct radio (present in access-list): why? The only way that I found to resolve problem is set interface=all in the access-list, but in this way CPE could connect to the worst signal radio.

How could I resolve this problem without setting inteface=all in the access-list?

Sorry for my English

Best regards

mktwifi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Data from unknown device, sent deauth

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:33 am

Any help, please?

Thanks

Best regards!

Caci99
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:55 pm

As you describe, you have configured the access list in the Access Point (AP).
This means the CPE (client) will attempt to connect to any AP with same configuration.
For some reason this CPE is attempting on the same AP in which you have configured
not to connect, and not on the one you have configured to.
You should use the other way, configure on the CPE instead, on which AP it should connect.
You can do that on the connect-list of the CPE. This way the CPE will attempt to connect on the
defined AP in the connect list.

rafa_lore
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Hello
I'm having the same problem! I use the Mikrotik node to connect client TP-Link, Edimax and Ubiquiti. And in a lot of node with a lot of Routerboard I'm having the same problem!
The client start with this and then stay connected with the node, but stay in Tx/Rx Rate in 1Mbps/1Mbps and can't do nothing. Thay can't navigate
Help Please!!! it's make me crazy!!!
Thanks
Rafael Lore