I have encountered a strange phenomenon on our new router
We had a RB1000 Ros version 4.x before on one of our datacenter with 10 public ip addresses assigned on ether1 (lets say 10.10.10.2->10.10.10.12). We use those public ip to nat to internal servers default gateway 10.10.10.1
We changed that router with a RB1100AHX2 with Ros version 5.13. We connected the ISP cable to ether11 and added those ip addresses (10.10.10.2->10.10.10.12) on ether11. The problems is now that only 10.10.10.2 is answering on the internet while the other are not. I have disabled the firewall/any mangle rules/left only a src nat rule with masquerade active and still nothing
I have exported the old ip address config from the old router with /ip address export and copy/pasted on the new router (changing interface=ether1 to interface=ether11)
I have no idea how to make those addresses work again. Can anyone can share some light into this?
I don't know why it happened, but the fix was like this.
Started a ping from the router itself to the default gateway (the ISP) and disabled all the ip's except the one working.
Then disabled the one working and enabled the next one. After doing this the 2nd ip started to work. Then disabled 2nd and enabled third and so on till the last one. Basically disabled the working one and enabled a non responsive one while keeping the ping working.
One by one started to reply from the outside like this. I have no idea why this happened, if it was something related to the router or to the ISP router (maybe kept the old mac address old arp table not sure).
Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher, xcom and 34 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum