Community discussions

MikroTik App

citrusblast
just joined
Topic Author

Routing to Private Subnet From Outside NAT

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:04 pm

The only other post I could find with a similar problem as I am having, after extensive searching, was this one, which had no answer. http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7637.

I am trying to work with a similar setup, where I have a RB493AH sitting at the base of our tower, and use it to hand out DHCP to customer routers. I am not worried about static addresses for right now, but rather, I am wondering how to get to the private subnet (10.0.0.0/8) that our radios are addressed on from outside the NAT. When I connect a router to a subscriber radio, and set it for DHCP, it communicates properly with the RB493AH, pulling a private address which NAT's to the public address of the mikrotik. The problem that I am having is that I cannot access the radios which are doing the bridging on the internal side of the RB493AH. Is there a static route I need to add, or a dst-nat solution? I am simply stuck.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

reverged
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Routing to Private Subnet From Outside NAT

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:37 pm

The only other post I could find with a similar problem as I am having, after extensive searching, was this one, which had no answer. http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7637.

I am trying to work with a similar setup, where I have a RB493AH sitting at the base of our tower, and use it to hand out DHCP to customer routers. I am not worried about static addresses for right now, but rather, I am wondering how to get to the private subnet (10.0.0.0/8) that our radios are addressed on from outside the NAT. When I connect a router to a subscriber radio, and set it for DHCP, it communicates properly with the RB493AH, pulling a private address which NAT's to the public address of the mikrotik. The problem that I am having is that I cannot access the radios which are doing the bridging on the internal side of the RB493AH. Is there a static route I need to add, or a dst-nat solution? I am simply stuck.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.
It's not completely what you are trying to do, but if you are trying to access the 10.0.0.0/8 subnet from the wan, then a dst-nat is what you need.
Pick a <wan port> for each device and dst-nat to <device lan address>:<port>. then access your devices on <public ip>:<wan port>
If a few other things are correct, you'll be able to access the devices.