Community discussions

MikroTik App

boldness
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

pppoe problem

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Hellow I have a question I have got a pppoe server on my rb450 and I have got my ubnt client devices as set to pppoe client mode username and password authantication but there is such a problem that when a user profile expires the client antenna always tries to login and the system does not accept it but the antenna always tries to login How can I prevent this ?

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: pppoe problem

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:29 pm

Hellow I have a question I have got a pppoe server on my rb450 and I have got my ubnt client devices as set to pppoe client mode username and password authantication but there is such a problem that when a user profile expires the client antenna always tries to login and the system does not accept it but the antenna always tries to login How can I prevent this ?
use routeros in both ends. :D
I have never had so much trobble in my life, that i have with ubnt devices. Simple easy web config. Use to work, but at once u do something more adwanced, it seems to crash whenever it want itself. I now have some devices left, and are scared to death eatch time i have to login to a client or AP. I never know. Will this change in freq stop and hang the whole thing?.

Last experience:
A script removing bridge adding bridge and vlan(easy explaned) (one ip to mgmt and one routed to customer).... Ok... no problem
Upgrading to new version after this, a nightmare.... If this is enabled on client,and upgradisn It says : no link on ethernet. I took 3-4-5 clients to figure this out. no other opinion, than go to customer, do a system reset the hard way, and figure out a new way to give both mgmnt ip and global routed internett ip to the customer. and why? no error. nothing. and why should removing and adding a interface to bridge "kill" the ethernet port? no mater what change done after (still accessible troug wlan), its not possible bringing it back unless do a system reset with button

NEVER more Ubnt. (or mikrotik with plastic ethernet)
Last edited by samsung172 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boldness
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:35 pm

can you please give me more details

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:41 pm

can you please give me more details
Sorry. i cannot. I have no good experience in using ubnt and pppoe. (or something else).. speed.... udp... tested between 2 ubnt devices is alwys good (but not nearly what speed really is) :P

boldness
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:23 am

can anyone else please help me ?