Community discussions

MikroTik App

BerkutST
just joined
Topic Author

SSTP certificate problem

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:48 am

Hello,

I have certificate issue with SSTP server. I want to connect to the SSTP server with Windows 7 built-in client. I have a certificate installed on the router, certificate status is KR. The problem is, if i want to connect to the server, windows fails to connect with error 0x800B0109 (A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider). However, i have already imported the root CA to the "Trusted Root Certification Authoroties". This problem only occurs when I use self-signed certificate. When I use e.g. VeriSign certificate, all work fine. I use RB450G and Mikrotik 5.14. If I use self-signed certificate to connect to the router via HTTPS, then no errors with certificate occurs. I think the problem is on the Windows side, and I want to know whether it is possible to use self-signed certificates. To make self-signed certificates I use this manual http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Cr ... rtificates.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: SSTP certificate problem

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:21 am

Self signed certificates will work if you import CA in windows trusted root properly.

BerkutST
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:48 am

I use this method http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~gsw2c/GridT ... icates.htm
I think this is properly method. This work fine when I use HTTPS or SMTPS.

ucs75

Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:11 am

I'd just like my COMMERCIAL certificate to work.

I ([+] Create)-ed a certificate from Winbox, and selected "crl sign", and "key cert. sign" as the only Key Usages.
Filled in the various fields, including Days Valid: 1825 and Key Size 2048

I then [Create Cert. Request], using this as the template, and entering a Key Passphrase.

I downloaded the certificate-request.pem, and uploaded as my CSR request.

Once I receive the bundle back from Comodo, I added all four files (root, two intermediates, and server-cert) to the files.

I imported each into the Certificates window, and then imported the certificate-request_key.pem created above. (Including the passphrase I set).

The server cert shows KLT, the intermediates show LAT, and the root shows AT.

But when I attempt to connect to the device using the proper DNS name, I am getting the same error as the other user(s):
A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.