Community discussions

MikroTik App

supergeek
just joined
Topic Author

Routing Issue

Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:12 am

Hi forum,

Here is a screen shot of my config which should help with my explanation of my issue.

I have two broadband connections one on port 1 and the other on port 5. Ports 3 4 and 5 are bridge together so that they are separate from ports one and two. I have made routes so that the http traffic goes out port 1 and all other traffic goes out the bridge. Ive used netwatch and a few scripts to make it so if the internet goes down on port one it will send everything through the bridge to port 5 and out to the internet. But if the bridge internet goes down it wont route the traffic out ether1-gateway because in the route list it still shows 192.168.20.3 reachable on bridge1 even tho its not.

How do i get the route to become unreachable when its down or is there a better way to do this. Ive also attached my export config which may shed some light on what I'm trying to do and also my up and down scrips for netwatch.

Up Script
/ip route set [/ip route find dst 0.0.0.0] gateway 192.168.20.3
Down Script
/ip route set [/ip route find dst 0.0.0.0] gateway 192.168.1.253
test.rsc
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jvr
just joined

Re: Routing Issue

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:28 am

You need to change the distances first off - make the less-preferred route for each have a higher distance. With the equal distances you'll basically be load balancing. Then, try setting "check gateway" for each route - that will ping the next hop and take it out if it can't reach it. It will then use the route with the next-highest distance.

The issue comes from the fact that any active port in a bridge will make the whole bridge seem "alive" on layer2 and not pull the route from the routing table if you lose a port. Check-gateway should fix that.

supergeek
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Routing Issue

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Thanks so much for that jvr

:D