MikroTik App

shadowskippie
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

TFTP support

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:08 pm

is there any form of support for TFTP in mikrotik

I have a script run every 30 days on my tower that backups the tower and then emails the Backup to me but what i'd really like is to have the tower email me telling me it has done the backup and rather send the file itself to my FTP server.

scampbell
Trainer
Trainer

TFTP support

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:17 pm

DynStatic
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

TFTP support

Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:26 am

Tftp is not FTP. Both are supported on mikrotik.

Tftp does not have any authentication. You can limit access by ip and requested file names only.

I think what your looking for is FTP if you want to log in and download the file.

You may also want to consider turning on ssh instead and using sftp as it would be a secure transfer from your router to you. FTP is in the clear. FTP does not have to be on for sftp to work as it is part of ssh.

Another option is rancid which could do backups for you and keep revisions. It can email changes and report failures.

shadowskippie
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: TFTP support

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:34 am

I don't want to go get the files from the towers, i want the files to come to me as part of a script. I want the tower to send the files straight to my FTP server instead of emailing it to me and then i have to move the file to the server

Edit: sorry, i glanced right over the post with the wiki page, i didn't even see it, busy reading over it now and it looks like this is what i'm looking for