Community discussions

MikroTik App

krasi9220
Topic Author

RouterOS stop working and blinking only one interface?

Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:15 pm

Hello, guys

I use routeros 5.14 and my router stoped working. I use 5 interface and when it stoped working only one the interface is blinking. If someone knows something about that, please write me. My router is RB750.

I`ll be grateful for any comments.

scotti6666
just joined

Re: RouterOS stop working and blinking only one interface?

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:35 am

It sounds like what happened to me. I installed "The Dude" v3.6 service on my 750 and it locked up. I ended up using NetInstall to boot the device and disable/uninstall that package. You can use it as kind of an emergency boot disk to see if you device at least boots. From there you can reload firmware if needed.

If you made a backup. You can easily try to just set it to factory default and reload your backup file. Just hold the reset button until the light next to it starts flashing. Then restore your backup. If you don't have one you'll at least get more practice at configuration. :)

Netinstall goes one step further. You install it, then follow the instructions for net booting your device. You can see if its at least capable of starting.

krasi9220
Topic Author

Re: RouterOS stop working and blinking only one interface?

Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:40 pm

thanks