Community discussions

MikroTik App

krisan
Topic Author

i need 20 sessions for 1 account.

Wed May 02, 2012 2:57 pm

All the mikrotik expert in the house i need an urgent response to this my post. I am using mikrotik router as my hotspot gateway and DMA Softlab LLC (RADIUS MANAGER 3) to authenticate. I have created an account for a client and they are about 20 which all of them we have to use that single username and password.
The problem i am having now is that after the first person has login successfully it will not allow for another session. i have set the number of simultaneous use to 20 on the DMA yet it still not allowing more than one session.
I would appreciate if anyone could help me out on this.
thanks

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: i need 20 sessions for 1 username.

Wed May 02, 2012 3:00 pm

All the mikrotik expert in the house i need an urgent response to this my post. I am using mikrotik router as my hotspot gateway and DMA Softlab LLC (RADIUS MANAGER 3) to authenticate. I have created an account for a client and they are about 20 which all of them we have to use that single username and password.
The problem i am having now is that after the first person has login successfully it will not allow for another session. i have set the number of simultaneous use to 20 on the DMA yet it still not allowing more than one session.
thanks
Right here:
PPP Profile -> Limits -> ONLY ONE = NO!

Also, make sure you have a ip pool with plenty of addresses.

It should work fine this way.

Feklar
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: i need 20 sessions for 1 account.

Wed May 02, 2012 8:14 pm

thanks
What is the "shared users" set to in the user profiles? Usually the the setting you are talking about in Radius is a universal radius setting, and not a profile setting. Set "shared users" to 0 for unlimited, or use the "port-limit" Radius attribute to define that on a profile level.