Community discussions

MikroTik App

fe4r
Topic Author

bridge flood data all ports

Tue May 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Hello,

I have a problem in my networ that runs with bridge configuration in the devices.
The first image (network.png) shows the network topology (but imagine more 30 sites in the network and same bridge).

The link comes to a site and goes to a MK (RB450g) that filter layer2 and layer3 (accept APs mac and IP, accpet pppoe-dicovery and session, drop the rest).

The second image (bridge_layer2_fw.png) show the RB450g and what is happening: in each bridge port (APs), there is about 4mbps of like a bridge traffic that is not provided by each AP, and this disturbs because of this traffic together and because it's unnecessary.
The packet sniff of this data shows just pppoe-sessions, but session of some clients that is not working on this site.

How can I stop this flood data of the bridge?

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: bridge flood data all ports

Tue May 15, 2012 7:56 pm

disable one by one and see from which interface is coming
In my network also happen this kind of stuff, it can be cause by a virus or broken cheep switch and etc etc just find from where (what interface) the problem is coming

fe4r
Topic Author

Tue May 15, 2012 8:06 pm

disable one by one and see from which interface is coming
In my network also happen this kind of stuff, it can be cause by a virus or broken cheep switch and etc etc just find from where the problem is coming
Thank you about the answer.
This happens in all my network. I already disabled one by one and nothing (i can't desable all interfaces because of clients).

brainy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:36 am

Hello,

were you able to solve that problem?

Regards,
joerg