Community discussions

MikroTik App

DammoUsh
just joined
Topic Author

Dynamically learn IP address range changes.

Sat May 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Hello all, I'm new at Mktik..and I'm trying to find a way to tell this PowerRouter 732 to dynamically learn when google changes its address's range. Is that possible? We have some rules to send specific traffic through a particular path.
Another problem I have is that I need to send youtube traffic through one gateway and all other google traffic through a different one.
For example, the x.x.29.43 and x.x.29.39 addresses, this 2 addresses are in the same range, and one is google regular traffic and the other is youtube's, so I don't know if what I need is possible.
Also, as I said before, I might be asking something somehow obvious, again...I'm new arround here.
Those type of traffic are pretty much the same, so how do I do to separate google traffic from youtube traffic?, if possible. I know both come from the same place, just to put it someway...and to give you all an idea of how our environment is...we have to deal with up to 44Mb total and up to 15Mb between the two gateways in discussion, beacause we are in a hard access island, of course I'm talking wireless here.
Thank you all in advance.

acim

Re: Dynamically learn IP address range changes.

Sun May 27, 2012 1:22 am

I made Perl script for this purpose which runs on Linux server and it updates Google address list in Mikrotik router few times a day. It can easily be changed to do the same for YouTube or any other service.

DammoUsh
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:00 am

I made Perl script for this purpose which runs on Linux server and it updates Google address list in Mikrotik router few times a day. It can easily be changed to do the same for YouTube or any other service.
Hey there Boban, thank you for your answer...is it possible for you to share that script with me...?
Will be of real help...Thanks in advance.

acim

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:41 pm

You can find it here:

http://www.acim.net/?p=53