Community discussions

MikroTik App

robyb
just joined
Topic Author

New Mikrotik setup

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:49 pm

I've got a few questions about the new DSL setup through TekSavvy we just brought in at the office. It's 4 DLS lines using MLPPP with a pre-configured MikroTik router.

1st issue. Pre-configured password. Did I understand correctly that this can only be changed by "jumping" the router and re-installing everthing?

2nd issue. We have a block of public ip's. I've setup our web server with an external ip which can be accessed without issues from other ip's within this block, but not externally otherwise. What config in the Mikrotik could be interfering with a public ip that should be external facing? I don't have this issue with the server on a public ip with my other provider (not using a Mikrotik).

3rd issue. The pre-configured Mikrotik has a WAN ip not in our ip block. The Mikrotik's interface is available over this WAN ip. We've assigned the first ip in our block to the Mikrotik as our gateway, but can't access the management interface from this ip. Seems like a security issue and a bit back-assward. How can I disable access from the WAN ip and enable/allow only from our ip block?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
Roby!

*** Sorry for the double post guys, I didn't think my first one went through until I posted this one and saw that it needed approval first***