Community discussions

MikroTik App

Fedes
just joined
Topic Author

RB751 v5.18 : [ANY] Interface down = router dead

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:14 am

Hello,

I'm having a strange issue, where whenever an interface goes down, no matter which one (some eth, or wlan, or pppoe, and I don't mean disconnect the cable, disabling one as well) the router seems to die. I have no way to connect to it (webGUI, Winbox or ssh all fail) and there is no traffic going through. For example, when my PPPoE connection fails, the router stops responding until the interface goes up again. So, the router seems to be at least dialing the PPPoE connection, but everything else does not work. Another way to trigger this, is for example disabling the Wireless interface. After that I cannot connect to it through an ethernet, and internet stops working in my machines.

I'm sure this could be related to some config I have, because when I reset the router everything seems to work fine. Anybody encountered this? I don't remember this happened with my older RouterOS version <5.15, but i also did more changes after the upgrade. It's pretty much a simple setup, with some firewall rules.

Thanks,

Fedes
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RB751 v5.18 : [ANY] Interface down = router dead

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:32 pm

So, I found out that for some reason the IP address was set on wlan1 interface, instead of bridge-local. So by changing that, now when wlan1 is disabled, I'm still able to get into the router. But, when pppoe-out1 loses its IP, I still cannot login to the router.