Community discussions

MikroTik App

moep
Topic Author

RB1100AH and VDSL2 24h reconnect problem

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Greetings to the Mikrotik user community,

I have a recent problem with my central site gateway connecting 4 branch sites and one secondary site via IPSEC and fallback OVPN tunnels with BGP routing.
The main site has 2 VDSL2 connections, one of them has a ip subnet configured while the other one has dynamic ip.
My problem is, that the 24h reconnect, which is common with these connections, is killing my connection permanently unless I reset(reset or reconnect to power) the respective VDSL modems. Disabling and reenabling the WAN connection on the RouterBOARD is not working.
The secondary site has a VDSL2 aswell, but there it is no problem at all to reconnect to the ISP. The device used is a RB1200. The secondary site has the VDSL2 connection configured on port ether10 via VLAN7.
The two VDSL2 connections on the main are configured on ether1 and ether2 and are using VLAN7 on both ports.
The dialin process works, only reconnection after 24h is not working at all.

Do you have any best practices which are known to work with RB1100AH and VDSL2 (Deutsche Telekom)?
What is different compared to RB1200?
Hoping for answers.

Best regards

Dobby

Re: RB1100AH and VDSL2 24h reconnect problem

Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:45 am

Deleted because not related.
Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

moep
Topic Author

Re: RB1100AH and VDSL2 24h reconnect problem

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Hello and Thank you for your answer,

the problem is not DynDNS related. Once the connetion goes up it updates the IP and everything is working.
But if I do not switch off the modem, there is no reconnect! No PPPoE connection!
It tries to connect but nothing happens until you reststart the modem.