MikroTik App

wallnas
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Logging Remote

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Good morning,

i have configured a server log at address 93.43.225.122:514 to archive message of my routers board.
in "/system logging action remote" i insert this configuration:
image1.png

My problem is: the message not arrived in the server syslog :(

There are other configuration to insert to transmit the message on server at 93.43.225.122:514 ?

Tanks for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Logging Remote

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Do you have any logging topics actually using remote as the action? If they just have memory or disk as the action, they won't go to remote. It definately works, I use it.

wallnas
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Do you have any logging topics actually using remote as the action? If they just have memory or disk as the action, they won't go to remote. It definately works, I use it.
The web-proxy use a remote action.

If i active at the some time the topic web-proxy in action remote and memory, if i view the log there are informations. :(

I have check the information on router: the message start from router
CropperCapture[2].jpg
but the information not arrive to the router of the server syslog
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

siuslawbb

Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:41 pm

I actually have this exact same problem right now and was just coming to the forum to figure it out.

It *appears* to be a bug when more than one item attempts to get logged. IE, in your case, the webproxy and !debug. Temporarily drop the !debug, leaving only webproxy, and I'll bet it'll log it.

I started off trying to log, critical, warnings, and errors to a remote syslog and having all three in the same rule. Doesn't work. Create a rule for each event you want to log and they'll go through.

We're running Splunk going to a custom UDP port just for router syslog collection and it works great when each event is logged as its own rule. Painful though getting all the debug messages in there as well. We were trying to do the same thing you were.