Community discussions

MikroTik App

mutasimissa
just joined
Topic Author

Need Help and Ideas...

Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Hello..

I'm doing an experiment using wireless technology to connect distant regions with broadband connection in order to be the connection sequence as following:

1- station

6 ADSL cables load balanced ADSL using MikroTik >>> wireless "using groove and 12 db antenna"

2- target buildings:

wireless "using groove and 12 db antenna" >>> rj45 to rj 11 >> rj11 distribution to clients

3- clients:
rj11 to router >> broadband configuraion >> ADSL output

can anyone discuss the broadband connection in this situation and summarize to me the recommended hardware will be used

CyberT
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Need Help and Ideas...

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:23 pm

well your best result will be achieved by having a isp that provides ML-PPP that way you dont have to do 2 much, and you will just have one big "link" if that cannot be achieved then you will have to look at load balancing with tracking with nth type balancing.

there is no if you using rj11 then you will need an adslv2 capable dslam\hub as well to get the data to them, there is a few things, and if you have rack space at the isp then you can achieve a lot more and achieve much better results.

mutasimissa
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:09 am

well, actually we don't get too much from ISP(s) here in Egypt, working in such field here is very difficult..

However, we planned for the project and when it finishes I will upload a separated topic for it...

thanks.. ;)

mahnet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:05 am

why do u want to go with rj11. why not extend ur UTP cable to the customer premises. that way u can directly connect to the ethernet of ur client. also u do not need a dslam. just hop around with switches every 100 mtrs.