Community discussions

MikroTik App

reljicb
just joined
Topic Author

websites occasionally not accessible

Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Hi all,

I have started experiencing problems with my internet connection since I installed two Mikrotik RB751G-2HnD in my home network.
Namely, I have an ADSL router/WiFi AP (FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7570 vDSL) connected to my internet provider, and two MTs.
All three devices are in a daisy chain, where Fritz!Box does DHCP. The intention is that MTs are wireless APs and high-speed wired network extension, only.
    www <----> FB <===> MT1 <===> MT2  
               |        |          |
               PC1      PC2        PC3
Now, sometimes, OFTEN but not always, without a rule I can recognize, I CANNOT access to a page on only some websites, like Amazon and IMDB, while all other sites are working fine all the time. It loads a page on the website normally, and then it times out on the next page with the browser error message:
Error 7 (net::ERR_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out
If I hit the reload button in the browser when it displays the timeout error message, it loads the page instantly.

I use Chrome 21.0. I found that this is indeed a problem of Chrome and its short timeout. I couldn't repeat the problem with Firefox or IE, which means they are more resilient to the slow network.
The problem is that this did NOT happen BEFORE adding two MTs to the network. Introducing MTs slowed down network, causing Chrome bug to surface.
Can someone please give me some ideas on what could go wrong?

I'm aware that this may be way to few info for coming to the bottom of the problem, but since I'm not a network guy please advise which additional info you may need, and I'll provide it.

Thanks in advance!