Community discussions

MikroTik App

whoknew
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tx Drops on Vlan interfaces

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:03 pm

I am seeing huge amounts of Tx drops on one of our x86 machines. This box in particular is housing 572 Vlans. I am going to attach a screen shot and show you. I went back and found another post that was made on something similar, however many versions ago. I wanted some input or help as to a fix, or if there is anything wrong in general. The machine in question is a core i7 2600 with 8GB ram.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

whoknew
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Tx Drops on Vlan interfaces

Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:46 am

Bumping this.

I think part of my problem is the interfaces in ESXi are set to flexible, I believe we are going to try and set them to the e1000e setting from the command line.

Anyone else experience this? I had seen one post on it a long time ago, but didn't see a resolution.

Thanks!

whoknew
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Tx Drops on Vlan interfaces

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Ok so after making the change to the network adapters on the vm, it appears all my TX drops are gone! Also I went from an average of around 50% cpu usage down to 12-20%. The ethernet was consuming about 30-50% cpu usage on the machine with the flexible adapter chosen.