Community discussions

MikroTik App

staticjess
Topic Author

Panasonic SIP working with Mikrotik VPN

Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:55 pm

Guys,
Can anyone help me with this set-up? I have set-up my 2 Mikrotik devices to be connected via IPSec VPN.

Panasonic SIP Phones---->Mikrotik RB751--->Internet<---Mikrotik RB1100AH<---IP-PBX Panasonic TDE-200

My problem is that my IP Phones and my IP-PBX does not get any IP from the DHCP Server I set-up in my MT Devices. My computers can communicate with each other over the VPN.

I set-up the Panasonic to static IP and the VPN can't still be connected. I already disabled the SIP port in the IP>Services section and its still the same.

Has anyone tested any SIP devices over a Mikrotik VPN set-up? Please advice me. Thanks in advance.

Jessie

cbrown
Trainer
Trainer

Panasonic SIP working with Mikrotik VPN

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:16 pm

Has anyone tested any SIP devices over a Mikrotik VPN set-up? Please advice me. Thanks in advance.
Absolutely. This is how all of our remote offices are setup. Since your computers are working fine I would say the problem might be with your phone sever. Is it setup to only listen to devices on its subnet?

mixig

Re: Panasonic SIP working with Mikrotik VPN

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:23 pm

it is works without any problem, on the remote side try to install some softphone on PC on the subnet where is panasonic phone right now (but reading the post once again pc and phone are on the same subnet?) and start the wireshark.. you will see what is happeing with SIP REGISTAR mesage.. also on server side start wireshark to see is REGISTAR message is getting to the pbx

staticjess
Topic Author

Re: Panasonic SIP working with Mikrotik VPN

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Thanks for the inputs guys. Its people like you that make us like visiting this community. Its working now, something is wrong with my network on the IP-PBX side. I isolated both devices and I can already establish calls. Thanks again