Community discussions

MikroTik App

mangust
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

12 days without respond on the case. Is that OK?

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Hello community.
12 days without respond on the case. Is that OK for MT?
Ticket#2012122766000291

I initiated the case on 27 of December, but nobody responded me so far.

Dobby

Re: 12 days without respond on the case. Is that OK?

Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:48 am

Deleted because not related.
Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:18 am

Still. Not Ok. :P

If you drop mikrotik forum. and read some other forum. the main resion for not using ros, is lack of support. I think. if they hired. a really good support Group. And got New software updates, not broke annything... They would really compet to Junos, IOS etc. But, du to the lack of support. and buggy software... try it Your self... dont ask if it dont work policity. Big serius Companies cannot use ROS like it should be used.

Get a high end series of routers, Wireless and Equipment. And stard making some really High end switch Device. and ROS would rock the world.

Why not try to be the ipv6 standard Equipment?

Dobby

Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:30 am

Deleted because not related.
Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:39 am

I completly agree With U, but still, i have a few remarks. IF they need 30.000 ppl to do support, they have sold enough Devices to pay for it. The need for support, would grow, With the number of Devices thy would sell.

I'm also aware of the possibility to buy support from local dealeres, ppl having a training course etc, but who will be an expert, been 2 days at a mikrotik course?

Im sure there are possibilities out there if they want. The Product line is fine, and they maybe dont need to compeat to the really big juniper, cisco zte,huawei etc. But they should maybe make a Device like 1100, ccr etc With at least dual Power. Maybe they also should have a software policity somthing like ubuntu. Having some long term support Versions, and a lot of bug fixes releases, not recomended for stable Production etc. Today, its like. want an old release, have it Your own. Just the latest release is avalible for download. regardless of how manny bugs, and to what the bugs are related. (I have manny times woundering to bring my Archive going With all releases since 2.0. (My first mikrotik Device was a PC, having a mikrotik stiker, and n-plug at the pci ports. Must have been back in 2003-2001?, the home nat Box, was a 2u Nortel network Instant internet (who had then heard about a small d-link nat router?) The most stable release is still 2.9.51.

This is router Devices. There is Also a Wireless market. There are manny Suppliers out there, using mikrotik hardware, making own antennas, metal cases etc, to get a mor roubust Product. i have myself worked in a Company making AP units and Client's made like this. For a Client Device, we would have 500$ and for an AP unit about 3000$ . I know. there is a demand and a big market out there, to a bit more higend Devices.

Caci99
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:25 pm

First of all, if you're offering support you have to offer it! To the starter of the topic, they should have answered to your ticket. If they haven't, you better write them once more.
Now Mikrotik has a decent support in my eyes, it could be better but it is not that bad like some want to make of it. Issues are different, some take a minute to be solved some will take a lot longer.
Generally people overlook the policy support, some have to look at this:
http://www.mikrotik.com/support.html
As I do understand MikroTik, they have tried to build a professional (not always anyway) link of distributors, so when a customer has a problem he has to contact the distributor not MikroTik directly. This is a nice way to channel the support at the local distributors, thus the company can focus on hardware and software development. Has this worked out? I don't think so.
In my experience, users have the tendency to want the whole thing solved at once without even thinking about paying for it, just because they have bought a RB750 at 35 Euros, they take it for granted that you have to assist them in every problem for free, even a year after purchase. Just recently I had a customer who had a problem with RB1100AHx2 which would crash from time to time. I told him that is probably a configuration problem, but he wouldn't let me have a look at his config and kept insisting that the problem was of the routerboard. Some three months later, after talking back and forth, he came and said to me that there was something in his hotspot which caused the issue and now everything was working fine.

To summarize it, Mikrotik has a decent support service with it's problems. But users as well should know better and trust more the local consultants and distributors, and should accept that every service needs to be paid in some way or another.