MikroTik App

levak
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Most stable 3g card/stick

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:19 pm

Hello!

I'm building a 3g/wifi hotspot and am in need of a good stable 3g card/dongle that I will need for streaming some data over...
Since it will be located at a customer, I want it to be stable and working.

I was looking at Huawei EM820W modem which is on a supported hardware list but I found some people reporting problems with this modem... Threads are mostly 1-1/2 years old, so things might have changes...

What hardware do you use?
Is it stable?
I preffer miniPCIe card to USB...

Matej

kraker
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Most stable 3g card/stick

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:57 am

Hi Levak,

Did you find a solution?

djdrastic

Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:36 pm

Most people seem to prefer ZTE over Hauwei over here . We use Hauwei E372's on our 951's as backups and haven't had issues to date with them.

Here is the supported HardWare List http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Supported_Hardware

*Edit ; Forgot to mention . You can always hook it up to a miFi / Wireless sharing router . I have an MTK connected to a TrendNET one with a single ethernet port for a customer and works decently . Have had some issues where we have to reboot the TrendNET , but it mostly seems to be the Cell Provider flaking out and requires a reset of equipment.

levak
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:59 pm

No, I had to put the project on hold for the moment, since I have other priorities...

Also, I would need GPS for my system and there seems to be poor support for that on mikrotik...

Matej