Community discussions

MikroTik App

aliquiss
just joined
Topic Author

PPPoE problem - is my mikrotik broken?

Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi,

for a few days now i have a wierd situation. I use mikrotik 433AH as a PPPoE client for my ADSL connection (ISP's router is in pass-through). Everything worked fine for years. But since few days, every time my pppoe needs to reconnect (every 24h), or when i manually disable pppoe interface, mikrotik starts broadcasting tons of PADT packets (around 4Mbps), i cant even connect via winbox to mikrotik then. Only fix is power off/on then it works again, pppoe dials in, internet works fine. Until that pppoe connection goes down again, then the broadcast happens.

PADT packet looks like in the screenshot (capture from wireshark).

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

joshaven

Re: PPPoE problem - is my mikrotik broken?

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Have you tried checking the dial on demand option?

Also, are you using 5.24? I would recommend running the newest stable os and also upgrading the firmware if you haven't.

aliquiss
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:41 pm

I was using 5.24, then i tried 5.22 which i had before. It doesn't matter. Option dial on demand is checked.

aliquiss
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Anyone?

joshaven

Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:38 pm

I would run export compact to get my entire config in text mode. Then run netinstall to do a wipe and reinstall on the routerboard. Then I would re-apply my config one piece at a time making sure that I understood and wanted the config that was being applied. If that doesn't work then I would expect hardware issues or incompatibility with equipment on the other end of the tunnel.