Community discussions

MikroTik App

rpingar
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

limit the p2p connection number

Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:29 am

I'd like to limit the connection that each user can handle when he use a p2p software.

I am using queue to limit the p2p traffic, so I first mark the p2p connection and the the flow.

writing the rule into the forward chain I can enable connection-limit only if I select tcp as the protocol.
Seems to me that also udp is used by the p2p softwares.
Is it possible to limit in general the connection number, for each ip, about the p2p traffic?

If yes, how?

thanks

lastguru

Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:23 am

No, only the number of TCP connections can be limited as there is no such thing as "UDP connection" at all...

gianluca
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:33 pm

I also have the same problem. I would like to limit the connection per-user to 300. Can i set this as a limit just for the user p2p traffic or must be for all connections the user opens ?

this emule is litteraly lowing teh performance of the whole network we have... that is a pitty ...

we have a LAN where all our clients are connected, is there any sofwtare we can use to set up a file sharing system so that we can reduce the p2p download from the internet ? we also need to limit the max bandwidth each client can use in this file sharing