Community discussions

MikroTik App

IMAGeek
just joined
Topic Author

Interface Queue

Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:21 pm

I'd like to know if anyone would be able to answer a question. Is there anyway that I can set a "Queue" or speed limit on an interface that's part of a Bridge. Let me give you more information though before you answer.

1. I'm sharing the cost of internet service with a friend, and our ISP has given us 2 public IP addresses. The connection from the ISP comes in on ether 1, then I have taken ether1, and ether2 and bridged them together, and assigned an IP address (my IP) to the bridge for and then I set up all of the necessary Routes and NAT rules for me to access the internet through ether3. Now, my friend has his router hooked to ether2, and then he has his public IP assigned to his router, as he doesn't want to use my Mikrotik. Is there anyway that I can limit the amount of bandwidth that he can use on the connection? Right now he can use all of it if he wants, and there's nothing that I can do.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Interface Queue

Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:11 am

I don't know but it would be easy to test. Just do the following and then download a big http file from somewhere. Look at the queue from the GUI to see if it goes red.

ros code

# Mark everything
/ip firewall mangle
add chain=prerouting  action=mark-connection connection-state=new new-connection-mark="ALL" comment="ALL"
add chain=prerouting  action=mark-packet passthrough=no connection-mark="ALL" new-packet-mark="ALL"

# create some dog slow queues
/queue tree
add name="UP"      parent=ether1  queue=default max-limit=128K
add name="DOWN"    parent=ether2  queue=default max-limit=256K

# Add ALL to them
add name="ALLUP"   parent="UP"    packet-mark="ALL" queue=default priority=1
add name="ALLDOWN" parent="DOWN"  packet-mark="ALL" queue=default priority=1

IMAGeek
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:22 am

Sorry pcunite, but that didn't help. I've tried everything that I can think of, to no avail. Does anyone have any other ideas that may help?

IMAGeek
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:35 am

Sorry pcunite, but that didn't work. Does anyone else have any ideas of what I can do? Why do the RouterBoards have Bandwidth (Rx/Tx) in the interface if you can't set it, even on a CCR1036-12G-4S it doesn't work. Kind of stupid if you ask me.