Community discussions

MikroTik App

wedwo
just joined
Topic Author

2x PPPOE and proxy with one PPPOE dedicated to the proxy?

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Can I set up two PPPOE connections and a socks proxy and dedicate one PPPOE for the proxy's use?

The problem I'm trying to solve is that here in South Africa, we have uncapped ADSL accounts which are shaped and capped ADSL accounts which are not. The capped accounts are billed per Gb and I want the best possible quality for VOIP and telecon (mainly skype) so I want to have skype route via a capped account while the rest of the traffic goes via the uncapped PPPOE.

Is this doable on my Routerboard 951-2n?
The default setup dedicates port 1 to WAN.

Thanks in advance for any help received!

wedwo
just joined
Topic Author

Re: 2x PPPOE and proxy with one PPPOE dedicated to the proxy

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Ok... I think I may have to setup a seperate squid box to do the proxy bit. How do I go about modifying the WAN interface on my unit to allow the modem to be available on the general lan and not having to have it exclusively dedicated to the Mikrotik box?

wedwo
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Ok... I think I may have to setup a seperate squid box to do the proxy bit. How do I go about modifying the WAN interface on my unit to allow the modem to be available on the general lan and not having to have it exclusively dedicated to the Mikrotik box?

wedwo
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:14 am

I've found the answer but I have no inclination to share it on this forum. This forum is a fail. My last post took two days to approve and it was double posted. Seriously bad show.

Last bumped by wedwo on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:14 am.