Community discussions

MikroTik App

landysaccount
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

How to use rb750 with different ip on each port?

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:47 am

Hello.

I'm quite new to RouteOS and need some advice on something I would like to do:

I just got a RB750 and would like to use it to wire a remote office that would receive internet via wi-fi.

I need to control each port differently for example: Port 1 would just be a bridge to the LAN, Port 2 would have an ip address 10.0.0.10, port3 10.0.0.11, port 4 10.0.0.12, and port 5 10.0.0.13...

Now, I don't want ports 2-5 to be natted (I guess these will be networks), so pc connected to port 2-5 would not be bridged because I don't want these to see the rest of the network. Now, I want to be able to see all ports from the rest of the network.

I need to control each IP separately since these have different access to places.

I have no idea if this is possible.

I'm a little confused on how to accomplish my task. Please guide me to where I can find how to do this.

Thanks in advanced for your time.

asaleh75
Trainer
Trainer

Re: How to use rb750 with different ip on each port?

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:48 am

Hi,
You can use PPPoE

landysaccount
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:02 pm

Hi,
You can use PPPoE
Thanks for replying.

Well, reading about PPPoE I noticed a PPP Server is needed. I already control ip addresses from a server I created running linux.

What I'm looking to do is install a Mikrotik switch on a building and assign each port an ip address that would be visible from the our LAN. Each apartment or client would have its own address that can be controlled (suspended or activated) from our server.

I have no idea how to do this other than just add a router to each client/apartment and have our client device in bridge mode. This is more expensive than just using a mikrotik to do the routing for each client/apartment.

Can it be done?

landysaccount
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi,
You can use PPPoE
Thanks for replying.

Well, reading about PPPoE I noticed a PPP Server is needed. I already control ip addresses from a server I created running linux.

What I'm looking to do is install a Mikrotik switch on a building and assign each port an ip address that would be visible from the our LAN. Each apartment or client would have its own address that can be controlled (suspended or activated) from our server.

I have no idea how to do this other than just add a router to each client/apartment and have our client device in bridge mode. This is more expensive than just using a mikrotik to do the routing for each client/apartment.

Can it be done?
Looks like it can be done assigning each port a different network but, unfortunately, all port/interfaces need to be in same network.

How can I route each port/interface?

asaleh75
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:21 pm

Please provide a network diagram with IP Address you want to do

landysaccount
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:49 pm

Here's a simple image of what I'm trying to accomplish... Sorry for the bad drawing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

asaleh75
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:55 am

Hi,
you can configure RB750 as a PPPoE server then you can provide any IP Address to your client. Without PPPoE you can't use like this or you can do subnetting.