Community discussions

MikroTik App

XLinternet
just joined
Topic Author

Was at MUM yesterday, Seeking networking gurus in Chicago

Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:44 pm

Chicago's Southwest Suburbs

**Looking to hire Network Engineer / Junior Technician / Field Technician who who may be willing to relocate to Chicago. I want to find someone who can replace me in my current tech/engineer position, while I focus on sales and expanding the business.

Hello everyone. I just attended my first MUM event and was very happy to meet so many people from our community. It was great to compare notes with other WISP owners/operators and help each other out in any way we can. My name is Evan Galvin (a very distant relative to the Galvin family who founded Motorola), owner of XL Internet and we offer symmetrical and non symmetrical connections in Chicagoland. We provide Residential/Small business packages at 5, 10, 15 and 20 mbps download to 350 subscribers.

Even though many people at the yesterdays meeting said it's hard to find new hires who are ambitious networking guys, who already know a little about Mikrotik and UBNT, I am still going to continue my search. I know there are individuals who used to work for a WISP and I am trying to find some that are in Chicagoland, preferably Chicago's southwest suburbs.

It would be great to find engineers/techs who are willing to relocate to this area also- Chicago is a great city and our company is rapidly expanding. We have been a WISP for almost 8 years and I would like to find someone who can replace me and what I do on the technical side of things. I would be best suited for sales and it's hard for me to grow the business while trying to continue building the network.

There is hourly work available, as well as work that pays per job. New installations pay $90 per install and they average out at taking 2 hours to complete. Most of our network is built, but would need someone to help continue the project and maintain it, while I focus more on growing the business. Work can range from network design, configuring ap and client devices, as well as climbing and doing new service installations. We also have a young part time guy who is very ambitious with climbing and other infrastructure projects.

If you, or anyone you know, sound like a good fit for this position, please respond to this post, private message me or call me @ 815.408.0392.

Finally, if you happen to know any other great sites, forums, lists, strategies that I can post to or solicit for potential employees, please let me know. If I did not post this in the right topic, I do apologize.

I have also been contacting networking instructors at the colleges, posting on craigslist, indeed, dslreports, and talking to everyone I can think of to try and find someone. Please pass this on and spread the word to anyone who can help me.

To all of the people I met in the last few days at the meeting, it was great to meet you and I look forward to working together in the near future.

Thanks,

Evan

www.XLinternetNow.com

lisandrogalup
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Was at MUM yesterday, Seeking networking gurus in Chicag

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:54 pm

I can´t send Private messages. Can you mail me and we talk over there? lisandrogalup [at] comunicacionesgalup.com