Community discussions

MikroTik App

starterz
just joined
Topic Author

DHCP server problem

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:39 pm

Hello everyone, my first post here.

I have a RouterBoard 433AH (mipsbe) with RouterOS 6.4. I believe this is the exact product I own: http://www.mikrotik-shop.de/Complete-sy ... ::293.html

I configured the router through WinBox with the "Home AP" Quick set. I need it to work as a classic router+switch for my home network. The point is to replace an old Linksys WRT54GL with this Mikrotik.

I have a fixed IP (from the internet provider) on my ether1 interface, and a bridge of ether2/ether3/wlan1. Local network is 192.168.1.0/24. I have no problems with my wlan, I see the wifi network and receive IP config through DHCP on two different laptops and an android phone. Internet works fine on these media through wifi.

I have a problem to receive IP config while using the ether2 or ether3 interfaces (wired). The TV set does not receive a config (it shows a generic 169.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address). I also tried to connect one laptop directly to ether2 or ether3, and the problem is the same. The log shows that the ether1/ether2 interface is connected at 100mbps full duplex, but nothing else.

Could someone help me resolve this? I am attaching a screenshot of my Quickset config from WinBox.

Thank you and all best.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rickfrey
Trainer
Trainer

Re: DHCP server problem

Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:09 am

Can you export your settings and post them?

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: DHCP server problem

Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:26 pm

Insure the ip and dhcp server are assigned to the bridge, not an interface on that bridge.